Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review >

Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review

Old 05-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Default RE: Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review

A couple of years ago I got a tree saddle/sling that has a platform/plank in the seat so that you're sitting on something rather than having a 'sling' to sit in. I threw it to the side until about 2 months ago. I'm planning on using it this year and appreciate the candid comments concerning its use.

The neat thing about the seat platform is that you can rest 'it' against the tree and it makes life more comfortable. I plan on using the climbing sticks as well as thetree steps. It just takes getting used to it and, like everything else, it should become easier to accept.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Keep me posted but I have to be the nay sayer. First, to put up any steps other then to over come a lower obstical is a PIA. 2 in the places I mainly hunt you need to be up high, too many steps. Please this year prove me wrong.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Johnnydialtone-
I didn't know about the Tree Suit or the Guido's Web. They are very similar products.

Guido's web looks very promising and possibly more comfortable. Price is comparable too. I probably would have tried this product if it had been available last summer.

The price of the Tree Suit is very good but I would question the quality for $100.It looks like it would be possible to fall from it. Everyone has their own budget 'vision' but I would spend the extra $ for safety and peace of mind on this piece of gear.

KW
Old 05-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

bump so this will be at the top of the review forum to start out...
Old 05-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks a lot for the review!I rememberreading about the tree saddle in the book Precision Bowhunting and the author had a lot of good things to say about it. One question though. What percentage of weight would you say you put on your feet instead of the saddle.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 07:19 PM

I purchased the tree suit (not the same as the tree sadle)and gave it a good run but in the end didn't like it and thought it to be too uncomfortable for my likeing (has a hard seat) but the saddle has always interested me. I have talked with John and Chris Eberhart about the saddle and they hunt with them allot and like them. Thanks for the review , it was helpful.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Forgot to mention , the best price for a tree sadle is on John's site http://www.deer-john.net/index.html

His 2 books are without equal as well IMO. Haven't seen the DVD's so can't comment on them.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Dominant Buck

First time in my life I have to disagree with Len. I think it's a POS and uncomfortable as you can get. If I have to screw in steps and all that I might as well be comfortable. Hang on stands get lighter every day. The weight is no longer a problem. To me it's comfort and that's about it. This thing to me is just down right NOT. About 30 minutes of standing on steps should prove the same thing to everyone. Why would I do that when I can sit on a nice plush seat with a platform to stand on.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review.I owned one a short time ago and sold it because I never used it.I thought I would use it on the fly while hunting out west.I like the stability of having my feet on a platform.In the future if I wanted to have a stand I could get up quickly and be easy to carry.I would go with 10 to 12 really tapered sharp tree steps and lone wolf's lighest fixed position stand.Or have tree's with steps already in them,and bounce from stand to stand with the lone wolf.

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.