Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Loggy Bayou Tranformer Safety System >

Loggy Bayou Tranformer Safety System

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Loggy Bayou Tranformer Safety System

Old 04-26-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Loggy Bayou Tranformer Safety System

I figured I'd givemy review.

Last year I bought the Loggy Bayou Transformer Safety System. The first thing I noticed was the large metal loops (similar to D-rings) that were attached. I’m not exactly sure what their purpose is, but I used them as a place to attach my bow rope. The second thing I noticed was the padded leg straps and padded back patch, which I thought was a nice feature. The next thing I noticed was that this harness was extremely easy to put on and adjust. I also found that the safety rope which goes around the tree was nice and limber but the prusik knot was very stiff. The prusik did not want to cinch up to the safety rope. I kneaded and work it quite a bit to get it to work where I felt comfortable using it. Another feature is a built-in bino system. Loggy Bayou used metal key-rings for this. So far, the metal components had me a little concerned. Okay now for actually using it. I never had trouble getting into the harness which was the reason I bought this make & model. After looking at all the models I could find, this one looked to be the easiest. I used it every time I sat in a treestand. While walking into my stand I noticed the metal bino rings would kinda jingle sometimes. I don’t like jingling in the woods. Also when my bow would bump one of the metal D-rings, it was LOUD. So I started holding my bow up & in front of me, as if I was in the ready-to-draw mode. As I did this, sometimes the cam of the bow would bump the buckle of the harness. It is made of hard plastic. It didn’t make a very loud noise but it was still too loud for hunting. When I sat in the stand everything was good as long as I was mindful of the buckle and D-rings. After sitting for a while the padded leg straps began to cause some discomfort in the backs of my legs. While standing, this was not an issue. .Luckily, I did not have to give it a fall test, but I’m confident that it would have worked fine. I’m going to continue to use the harness, but I’m gonna try to make it a quieter harness, by removing the metal components or spraying them with a rubber coating. I’ll also spray the plastic buckle.

I know most of this review was negative but I think I can improve the system for myself. Maybe Loggy Bayou will address these issues and perfect the harness. If some of you are wondering, I did not go with the vest type because I didn’t want an extra layer of clothing. It’s much too hot down here most of the time already. All in all, I think it is a nice, easy to use system with a few correctable flaws.

http://www.loggybayou.net/2006pages/transformersafety.htm

Thanks,

TXMM

Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Loggy Bayou Tranformer Safety System

Those metal D-rings are for attaching your rope and using it like a lineman's tether when you are attaching a climbing stand and/or some sort of steps or ladder steps.

One thing you might try is wearing it inside your hunting jacket. This keeps all those little metal things where they won't catch on anything.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Trust me, I did wear it under my jacket when the temps would allow it.

Thanks for the tip on the rings.

I forgot to mention that when I recieved the harness, there were no instructions or manual in the packaging. No paper work at all. I called CS and left a message. My call was returned promptly and I asked all the questions I could think of at the time, and also asked for a manual. My questions were answered fully and I was told that they would send me a manual. I never did receive a manual, but I never pushed the issue either.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have the same harness and would not want any other! I too looked at the vest type and decided the LB was the way to go. I used the d rings to pull out a couple of deer and that worked great. One decent Buck was a bit heavy, but i was able to use the D rings and hold the antlers, so it worked fine, not as nice as a four wheeler, but nice . I also wear a light jacket over mine most of the time. To quiet the D rings, simply wrap some thicker duct tape or electrical tape or even hockey stick tape a couple layers and the sound level goes down a bunch. I think that was my best investment over the years to ensure my safety in the stand. I would bet you could figure a way to attach it to a tree stand and use it like a backpack also, but i hae not done that yet. (Did I say yet?)
Recommend that one!!
Dandbuck
Old 05-09-2007, 10:14 PM

I have a Loggy Transformer also. you have had the same expierence as I have. I wrapped the d rings in camo duct tape but mostly put my jacket over it. There is another noteworthy feature of this harness. It is replaceable if you expierence a fall.Send the whole harness back and they will replace it. Free.