HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Ameristep Blinds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/187432-ameristep-blinds.html)

Roskoe 04-07-2007 03:01 PM

Ameristep Blinds

I'm looking to get a blind for archery hunting - mostly turkey and elk - the Double Bull Matrix and the ASAT both look real good. But I can get Ameristep blinds at dealer price. Do any of their blindsperform favorably for the archery hunter? Thanks. Roskoe

Avalanche 04-07-2007 06:24 PM

RE: Ameristep Blinds

I have two Ameristep Brickhouse blinds thatI use for Gun and Bow. There is plenty of room in them for myself and my 12 yr old son. I draw from a sitting position without any problem and I paid half the price ofwhata Double Bull blind costs. I see Ameristep just came out with a new blind that allows you to stand and draw your bow.

mobow 04-07-2007 07:39 PM

Look at the windows....How do they shut? Velcro? Is the zipper on the inside of the net, or the outside? These are the things to think about, because if you need to open or close a window on the fly.....

Windows need to be quietly, and easily adjusted.

RJPOUTDOORS 04-07-2007 08:06 PM

Stay away from amerstep !!, I bought a brickhouse last spring and the second time out one side pulled out of the hubb. Took it back to the store and it was replaced. After two weeks of turkey hunting one hub rod pocked through the blind and another side pulled out. I fixed them myself. This year another side has came out and I know have a Double Bull. Spend the extra money if will be well worth it.
safe hunting.

Landlover 04-07-2007 08:59 PM

[align=left]I have had two Ameristeps and had a lot of troubles with their poles and windows. I now own a Double Bull Matrix 360 and wish I would have bought it first and not wasted my money on the Ameristep.

The reason they are more expensive is they are made with better materials. The Double Bull is quieter, more solid, and has a lot better windlow system. I missed out on several shots because of the velcro and the zippers. The DB Matrix is completely silent!
[/align][align=left] [/align]

the kidd 04-07-2007 09:13 PM

I HAVE AN INTIMIDATOR BLIND ANS WAS VERY HAPPY WITH IT UNTILL THE HUB BROKE ON ONE OF THE SIDES MAN I WAS UPSET WHEN THAT HAPPENED ALL I KNOW IS THAT I BETTER GET MY MONEY BACK OR A FIXED BLIND BUT IF THAT WASNT THE PROBLEM THE OVERALL BLIND IS PRETTY GOOD

coyote170 04-08-2007 03:41 PM

Been using an Ameristep Penthouse for four years now no problems
wife got me another one for Christmas,work fine for me.:D

kdsberman 04-08-2007 05:34 PM

Go with Ameristep, they make great products. Been using them for a long time and had NO problems with them. They've only helped me, not hurt me. Probably cheaper than Double Bull and will do the same dang thing. Go for performance, not the name. Ameristep.

mjhamel 04-08-2007 07:25 PM

I started using the Doghouse blind this spring for turkeys. It worked well for me, for I was able to bag my first bird with my bow. I hunted out of a double bull blind once last year. It is really nice and is the best in the business in my opinion. However, I like many other people, can't afford to shell out $400 for a blind, so the $100 Ameristep blind did everything that I needed it to do. So if you have the money, go for the double bull, but if money is tight, I think the Ameristep blinds will be just fine.

TROPHYHUNTER25 04-09-2007 03:40 AM

i have a brick house and love it