HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   check this bow out???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/187173-check-bow-out.html)

doublelunginem 04-05-2007 11:42 AM

check this bow out????

Anyone ever shot this THING or better yet, anyone own one?

LOL

http://www.libertyarchery.com/index.html

doublelunginem 04-05-2007 12:11 PM

RE: check this bow out????

I originally left the link off....hopefully ya'll will look at it again

doublelunginem 04-05-2007 12:56 PM

27 Hits and not one comment?????

LittleChief 04-05-2007 01:01 PM

My first two hits were to see if you added a photo or link. After you did, I've been looking at the website. This is the first time I've seen this thing. It looks like a toy, but evidently it isn't. I can't help wondering if it shoots as good as the reviews say it does. I'd like to find a dealer and shoot one of these. What a radical new design!

doublelunginem 04-05-2007 01:09 PM

I agree....I just want to shoot it!!! Can't say I would own one, but if you can hit with it and it's not too noisy, then just imagine how convenient it would be out of a blind or in a tree for that matter. Wouldnt even have to stand up in a conventional climber to get a shot off.

LittleChief 04-05-2007 01:12 PM

Yeah, and 85% let-off. Wow! Did you see the pic on their website of the guy with a camo umbrella attached to the stabilizer mount? That's an interesting idea also. Shoot through stalking camo. It would be tough on a windy day though.

kdsberman 04-05-2007 01:13 PM

Cant companies keep it simple anymore? Dont take that the wrong way, but come on. Might as well hunt with a slingshot.

JFergus7 04-05-2007 02:46 PM

I have never seen this before. It definetly looks interesting but definetly need to shoot one. I will check it out next week when I go on my fishing trip since one of the stores they have listed is in the same town I am heading to.

PABuck_HNTR 04-05-2007 05:11 PM

Sorry I don't like the looks of that one.

Snood Slapper 04-05-2007 05:38 PM

It has been around for at least two years. Was marketed as a backpacking bow. Hasn't really taken off obviously.

Zdeerslayer 04-05-2007 06:14 PM

I was talking to a guy up at my hunting camp, and he has a friend that won one. From the sound of it the guy really likes it. My friend was only able to draw it, but he said if he had the extra $ he would be buying one.

mfhunter27 04-05-2007 06:26 PM

Just doesn't look like something i would want to try!!

archer58 04-05-2007 07:49 PM

I don't like it . It may be alright , but looks gimicky.

Proff 04-06-2007 08:10 AM

I agree with Archer58, and all of us here know that there is absolutely no place for Gimmickry in the archery business!!;)

Seriously, it was either in Peterson's Bowhunting or Bowhunting Worlds new bow issue and whichever mag it was actually gave it a very good shooting review. Now with that said, those 2 mags will give you a good shooting review if you send them a old " Hot Wheels" track with a piece of fishing line attatched to both ends if you advertise with them!:D
I would like to shoot one just to see what it was like. Then pick up my Outback and head out to the woods.

MDBUCKHUNTER 04-06-2007 03:35 PM

That bow looks like it belongs in Toys R Us.

bow 66 04-06-2007 05:43 PM

it looks like a toy! but doesn't sound like it. would like to try one. look at his hand holding the bow he is holding white knuckle not relaxed!!!

Randini 04-06-2007 09:10 PM

I shot one last year at a 3D shoot in Hood river, Nothing I would own!!! The grip is at an angle giving it a weird feel. Its no where near as fast as they say.The only thing i liked about it was how much it weighed. If you don't like hand shock, Its no bow for you. Kind of pricey too. You can buy a real bow for the same money.

markly99 04-07-2007 05:38 AM

Did anyone look at the warranty? Limited five year warranty. No thanks, especially for 700 bucks. Not to mention I would be laughing to hard to hunt.

PreacherTony 04-07-2007 07:04 AM

I think Matt (Rick James) has shot that thing quite often .... maybe he'll chime in

WhitetailArchery369 04-10-2007 04:25 PM

thats a cool looking design but ill stick with my bow

davepjr71 04-10-2007 04:35 PM

I've seen it before when it first came out. I don't know if I'd have the condifence to shoot that thing. and I would think the hand shock would be high. kind of like a slingshot on steroids.

triggerhappy 04-10-2007 08:38 PM

I shot one and it was not too bad. A lot of hand tourqe. Certainly did not make me want one.

mauser06 04-10-2007 09:17 PM

i think preacher is right. Rick James has one..he did a full write up about it and answered out questions not overly long ago. i can never find anything when i search or id search for the thread. this same thred will pop up once every couple months...crazy little lookin thing...id like to shoot one

Rogue 04-10-2007 09:58 PM

Perfect I can sell my treestands and groundblinds and just hunt from the truck. Bet you dont even have to open the door just roll the window down. Sorry its just hard to take some things seriously, I havent shot one it just doesnt fit my style.

Bill

hallj86 04-15-2007 12:04 PM

It looks like a bow missing something. I compare it to a persom with only arms head and legs no chest and stomach.

bigzombee69 04-17-2007 04:33 PM

Len from Macrotech had one of those in his shop about six months or so ago and wouldnt let anyone shoot it. He had one hell of a time tuning that thing. I was in the shop the day the owner picked it up, it was real noisy and just looked hard to relax for a shot.

early in 04-17-2007 05:01 PM

That's one UGLY looking thing! Wouldn't have it for a gift.[:'(]

WesternMdHardwoods 04-18-2007 08:14 PM

Ive never shot one but planning on doing so! But i think i am the only person that likes the innovation? Im sure it has its problems, but hey looks to me a great idea!

kvD9b4 04-19-2007 09:27 PM

Even if a bow shoots really good, it has to still look nice and be simple for me to like it. That bow is just plain fugly looking. The accessories have to be really expensive as well, since they have to be designed to work on that bow. There sure are some ugly complicated bows coming out. I have shot a couple of them and was far from impressed. I just can't like ugly :D Flinch

BungalowBizz 04-20-2007 09:12 AM

This is a review from another board on this bow.

Upon shooting the Liberty I was fairly disappointed at first with the hand shock, noise, and arrow whip that the bow produced. Calling Liberty Archery I found out just how helpful they are. Howard took the time to go through everything on the bow with me. When we finally figured out that the string loop was not exactly centered. Thinking how could that little string loop being off a hair cause that many problems, believe me, it can. If you have ever shot a Liberty, and wasn't happy with it, trust me it obviously wasn't in tune, have a dealer check it. Upon centering the string loop perfectly to where the center of the nock was on the perfect center of the string, this little bow became amazing. The first thing I noticed was that all but the slightest hint of hand shock was gone, the bow was now faster, and extremely quiet. After over 700 shots through the bow, I can definitely say this bow is one of the top bows in the world. Don't let it's size, and toy like appearance fool you. This is a serious piece of archery equipment, that is just as much at home on the 3D course as it is on the plains of Africa hunting dangerous game. Everyone needs to try this bow, I guarantee you will be impressed. Howard's Liberty is now a serious contender for the best bow ever. If you think it is just a toy, and don't try it, you are only hurting yourself. Take my advice, shoot this bow, it sells itself, from its awesome speed, to rifle like accuracy, and it's small size it may very well become the most popular hunting bow ever made. Please feel free to give Liberty Archery a call at (408)983-1127, or visit them on the web at www.libertyarchery.com

Horizontal Hunter 04-20-2007 06:32 PM

Dare I ask if this bow should be allowed in the archery season or should it be relegated to the gun season like the crossbow???

HH

marcusjb 04-23-2007 09:36 AM

It's got to be extremely difficult to hold steady.

SomersetArchery 04-24-2007 11:09 AM

An archery shop here in Maine had a couple in stack last summer. I went in and shot one in their indoor range.

This thing is for real. I shot it about 25 times, by the time that I got to my last 4 arrows, I put 2 in the x-ring and the other two were just outside of the X. All 4 arrows were in about a 2 and a half inch group.

It held steady and shot nice. It had more hand shock than any other bow I shot that day. (I shot about 20 different bows that one day.) I wanted something faster though, so I didn't buy it. It was also just under $1000. Also, the guy told me that you HAVE to use a "whisker biscuit type rest." I don't care for that style of rest and I didn't want to be tied to that.

To the guy who said that it was like a crossbow?????? No, you have to draw and shoot it just like any other compound bow. It just happens to be very short.

Kev

We_care 04-25-2007 04:23 PM

The problem with this bow is you got a better chance of the string jumping off the cam if you decide to withdrawl and not shoot. To much flex in the let off if your wrist is anything less than super strong.

Duse500 04-25-2007 08:01 PM

I looked at one of these a couple years back and was willing to give it a shot...........
untill I found out he woiuldent take a credit card:eek:
I dont know if it's still like that there but thats how it was.

camoman73 04-28-2007 04:06 PM

Lol id be embarased to be seen with that thing!Looks like one of them kids toys you would find at a walmart.

markj 05-10-2007 08:25 PM

WOW! Talking about outside the box thinking.

Stability? Longer bows provide more stability.

I did draw a bow the other day in a dealers store, and I cannot think of the name of it, but a 99% let-off bow. VERY hard to let down. The string feels like it almost gets slack in it.Hang onto the string!

dynatec 05-11-2007 06:32 PM

yes ,seen it some time ago Rickjames was all over the thing.
I think he said it was quite accurate for the size of it.