Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Help me pick a sight.... >

Help me pick a sight....

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help me pick a sight....

Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Help me pick a sight....

So, I've narrowed it down to two: Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme or the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It with the Hogg Wrap. I hunt in several states, but spend much time hunting in FL where cover is extremely thick and can be brutal on equipment. Pin durability is most important, followed by easy adjustability and brightness. I'd probably get the pin guard extender on the Hogg or the guard cover for the Copper John. If you have experience with one or both, I'd value your opinion. Best regards...

Red
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me pick a sight....

I just got a new Copper John Dead Nuts2 competition, although its not the hunter style it is similar and I like it. The pins are bright, easy micro adjustments, and like you said you can get the pin guard which is a great idea.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 PM

Thanks, Passthru...how do the pins and fibers look? Do they appear durable, any fiber loops which could catch on brush or thick cover? Best to ya.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fibers are wrapped around the pin gaurd but they are covered in a clear rubbery material which seems to protect them well the only place I could see any possible damage happening is at the pins like on most sights. The pins seem pretty durable though, but I deffinetly would recomend getting the cover for them to be safe.