Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Starting the process for a new bow purchase >

Starting the process for a new bow purchase

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Starting the process for a new bow purchase

Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Starting the process for a new bow purchase

I have read a few reviews on the bows that interest me. I am planning on shooting most of them in 2 weeks at the local archery shops. I have been a loyal PSE shooter for 20yrs and as you can see they are not listed. I do not believe that they are as innovative as they used to be and are spending their money on acquiring other companies instead. I am looking for a quiet bow that can generate a good bit of kinetic energy more than speed.

So, here is my initial list of bows and I know that once I shoot them some of them may be crossed off the list. But, I am looking for pros,cons and commentsfor any of the bows listed. WhenI plan on dropping $900 down for a bow package, I want as much information as I can obtain.

Bowtech Allegiance
Bowtech Guardian
Bowtech Tribute
Hoyt VECTRIX
Mathews Drenalin
Mathews Switchback XT
Ross Cardiac

Thank you,
BSLugnut

Old 03-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Starting the process for a new bow purchase

i recently bought mathews drenalin and i absolutely love it , i tried the hoyts and bowtechs but to me the drenalin just stood out. it is so light weight and smooth and very quiet, i live in southeastern ohio and the drenalin cost me 699 dollars , i really hesitated spending that much money on my first bow but i am glad i did, it is all about what you like all of the big name bows are nice
Old 03-27-2007, 01:30 PM

I purchased my drenalin about 3 months ago. I couldn't be happier . That said I also shot the switchback xt great bow also drenalin felt better in my hand. shot the hoyt vectrix nice bow not my cup of tea just didn't feel right in my hand but everone is differant. There is no longer a bowtech dealer near me so I didn't shoot any of those. That leaves the ross left, WOW that bow is amazing to me the ross and the drenalin were both amazing bows and everything about them was so close for me that I spend about 2 weeks going back and shooting them both and then coming home to think about it. What led me to choose the drenalin I'm not sure, but I now have a ross on order just because I liked them both so much. To make a long story short no matter what you choose it will be a quality bow. Have fun with the process.

Jeff
Old 03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased a Hoyt Vectrix last Saturday. I have never had my hands on such a fine instrument. It is a joy to shoot. On the other hand, I was in Sportsmans Warehouse on Sunday and drew a BowTech Tirbute. It was a thing to behold as well... About the best I can say is enjoy your shopping for a new toy!!