Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuts

Old 05-21-2007, 03:12 PM

Default RE: whisker biscuts

ORIGINAL: Howler

And, UNLIKE your drop away, there is no issue with timing!
It is called a Vapor trail limbdriver!!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The QAD has zero timing issues. Set the cord for full draw and you are done. Full capture of arrow in ready position. No, you can't shoot it upside down but the arrow isn't going anywhere either.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:34 PM

I wish I knew how to get that rest tuned, but I could never get it tuned on my bow especially in the up position. i don't know about that QAD junk!!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, mine shoots bullets on paper and tuned in less than 15 minutes using the French Method. That's with the Hunter model. With the Pro model that time would ahve been probably 10 minutes. So, not sure about the problems you are having.

Didn't have much problems with the WB either.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

at the moment I'm shooting 2215's through my WB but the new easton axxis 400spine arrows I ordered are smaller in diameter and won't be touching the whiskers all around. Is that a problem ?
And since blazers are hard to get here in europe, I'll need to find something that's a durable, but 2", 4" or 5" ?

Frank
Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

at the moment I'm shooting 2215's through my WB but the new easton axxis 400spine arrows I ordered are smaller in diameter and won't be touching the whiskers all around. Is that a problem ?
And since blazers are hard to get here in europe, I'll need to find something that's a durable, but 2", 4" or 5" ?

Frank
You don't want the arrow shaft touching the whiskers all around. You just need contact with the black, stiffer whiskers at the bottom.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

so, what about my vanes, should I put on 2", 4" or 5"
arowlenght is 29" and I'm plannning on using muzzy Bheads 100gr's

F
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

Blazers or duravanes - 2"
Regular plastic vanes - 4" are long enough

I've never used 5" and have a 30" draw and used to shoot 32" arrows w/ Rocky Mt 125 gr bh.

Also, wait until after they refit you for length. You will probably be able to shorten your arrows if you really want to.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:12 PM

I guess it has to do with personal expectations..Obviusly many people have fun shooting with it and do well.

I've tried the WB and found it louder and could not get the pine point sharp accuracy that I was looking for.

Furthermore I've passed the arrow manually threw the WB on several different days and noticed that the fletching took different patterns very often ...

When I switched to a drop away, the difference was astonishing !!
I started to break arrows again ...
Long distance...what a difference.

WB in the garbage for me...
Just my experience..
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

On the WB, get size medium for regular carbon arrows (you want daylight around the arrow on all 3 sides). If you are shooting Axis, MFX, or another small diameter arrow, get the small WB. I think the large is mostly for aluminum. I made this mistake and it was a pain.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.