Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuts

Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 AM

Default RE: whisker biscuts

I know a fella who will be putting a biscut back on his bow because he had his arrow fall off between his riser lip and his drop away rest while pulling back on a buck. I know some companies put a bar across the top of the arrow so it limits arrow movement but the biscut is the ultimate "hunting" rest. I shoot 3-D and indoor winter league with mine and the drop away shooters have nothing over me. accuracy is great and blazer fire nice through a biscut. Just put a small dab of fletch glue in fron of each vane and there will be no worries. I've shot a biscut for 6 seasons.

Mathews Bows
HHA Optimizer Sights
Gold Tip Arrows
Scott Releases
G5 Broadheads
Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Whisker biscuits may be good rests for whatever your needs may be. As for me I shoot a QAD dropaway and wont ever change to a biscuit. Just by simply looking at the way it is designed you'll never convinceme that it does not have any effect on arrow flight no matter how minimal that may be.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Angelo, There are alot of people for & against the WB. I switched from a drop away to the WB. I use it for hunting, & some practice @ 3-D targets. No problems w/mine. I use 2" Blazers & it does NOT tear them up. As for accuracy, I was out Mon eve. & 4 the first time shooting my Tribute & the WB, I grouped 5 out of 6 arrows in a 3" circle, @ 40yds. I don't think there is a problem w/accuracy on them. Now granted, that people have reported 4" vanes coming off. Others have said no problems w/the 2" Blazers. Hence the reason I got them on my new arrows.
Determine what your main use will be, hunting or comp. shooting.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 AM

I shoot with many people and WB are as accurate as other rests. I placed 1st place out of 139 shooters this winter league with a WB and blazer vanes from a Mathews. I really ticked off alot of drop away gys. It's funny we all argue about this subject in the winter leagues.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like in da woods, I shoot Tribute with 2" Blazers, and although they do show friction wear over time, it does not
really tear them up. The only recent fletching damage I have had was from another arrow hitting them on the target.
Since I am only interested in fun and hunting, the WB is an easy choice for me.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: yajsab

My friend shoot a WB. Just like others said, vanes got torn up. If you shoot couple times and then hit the woods, it's a good rest. Otherwise, go with a different rest or refletch.
I really don't want to sound 'preachy' but, ifone shoot a couple of times and hit the woods it really should be with a gun!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM

A few more notes about the WB damaging vanes. Remember that the longer the vane, the taller the tail of the vain. Why does this matter? This is probably what is causing some vanes to rip or get severely wrinkled, by the tips of the vanes rubbing on the inside of the outer ring, not from the whiskers! Also, to not the black whiskers on the bottom are stiffer to hold the arrow up. You should have your nock set so that the vanes look like an upside down “Y”.

Like I mentioned earlier I have been shooting WB for 3 yrs and love it! It is the most reliable, simplest design of all rests no moving parts to fail in the field! I just have a question, is there a difference in shooting a medium or large biscuit? I am shooting Carbon Express Maxima 250.

BSLugnut
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RefusetoFollow

Whisker biscuits may be good rests for whatever your needs may be. As for me I shoot a QAD dropaway and wont ever change to a biscuit. Just by simply looking at the way it is designed you'll never convinceme that it does not have any effect on arrow flight no matter how minimal that may be.
You're missing the point of the WB design. Of course there is contact and it affects arrow flight. The rest always contacts the whole shaft throughout the whole shoot cycle, in the same way every shot. Repeatable actions are what provide consistancy/accuracy. Why do you think a bullet can be fired down a barrel with 1 hole accuracy? because its the same exact process every shot. The bullet is in complete contact the whole barrel also. Contact is not a problem, erratic or uneven contact is.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:26 AM

Very good point Terry.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 AM

I switched to a WB a few years ago after I missed a P&Y buck after my arrow fell off my TM hunter sytle pronged rest during extremely cold weather. With Blazer vanes and Bondini glue on carbon shafts, I haven't lost one vane in about three years of shooting.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.