Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuts

Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuts

The WB is probably on more hunting bows than any one other rest. It and the blazers vane are like bread and butter, they go together and accuracy is NOT a problem once the WB is tuned/set up correctly. It'a also common sense that like any other rest, including your drop away, that it needs to be set up correctly to work well. And, UNLIKE your drop away, there is no issue with timing!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 AM

I have been shooting a WB for 3 years now and have never lost a fletching. I used Goat Tuff to attach my 2" blazers and never had a problem. I shoot a little bit throughout the year, probably 1000 shots a year.

BSLugnut
Old 03-31-2007, 10:23 AM

IMO, the WBis the best rest on the market! Test after test proves it does NOT negatively affect speed in any way. It is SIMPLE, and it works. I dont see how you could get better than that! Wont freeze-up like fall-away rests, either.

They get my highest recommendation, for what its worth.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

If your going to shoot a 1000 shots a year a WB is the best rest for you. The only reason I held on to mine so long I beacuse it is simply the best hunting rest out their IMO.

But if your goign to use your bow for other shooting like for fun at teh range or competitions or going to shoot a moderate amount and car about your accuracy. Get a new rest. In my personal experince getting drop away increasead my scores dramatically. It is costing me more money due to the fact that I keep hitting my arrows, becasue I was stupid and shoot at the same place more than once.

just an account of what happened when I made the switch. It is a great rest if you hunt and shoot once a month stay with it.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 AM

I have had vanes slowly torn off. The way I shoot, one of my vanes (5" on Easton Alum xx75 2215) hits the black bottom whiskers which appear to be stiffer than the brown. Not only does this tear vanes but the vane starts cutting the whiskers off. Right now I have a groove into the black about half way into the biscuit. I haven't tried the glue trick but will have to try that out.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

My friend shoot a WB. Just like others said, vanes got torn up. If you shoot couple times and then hit the woods, it's a good rest. Otherwise, go with a different rest or refletch.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been shooting the WB since I bought my bow over a month ago. Use Blazers and you will not have any issues with vanes.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:14 PM

I shot the WB with 2" Blazers. They wrinkled and then tore off.

My uncle shot the 4" plastic vanes and they wrinkled and then tore off.

I can purchase a WB for $50 vs. $75 for a drop away.

But when I have to keep re-fletching.....that $25 diff. is going to be spent really quickly!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

I shot the WB with 2" Blazers. They wrinkled and then tore off.

My uncle shot the 4" plastic vanes and they wrinkled and then tore off.

I can purchase a WB for $50 vs. $75 for a drop away.

But when I have to keep re-fletching.....that $25 diff. is going to be spent really quickly!
If you wrinkled blazer vanes with a bisquit it was seriously untuned and likely out of square completely. When I installed mine I shot the same test arrow which is fletched with a 2" Blazer over 150 times with absolutely no wrinkle or damage at all. Bisquits and blazers are the ideal hunting combination.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Spike

I had a wb on my bow before my ripcord. I have not noticed any better 3-d scores orbetter accuracy with my ripcord. Even though it was more than likely me the shooter, I actually shot better with the biscuit. So i am pretty sure i am going to put it back on. It took a while but my vanes did start to wrinkle and some had to be replaced with the biscuit. But blazers solved that problem right away. Plus the biscuit just can't be beat for hunting. Its just simple and reliable.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.