Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker biscuts

Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 AM

Default whisker biscuts

whats teh deal with whisker biscuts?....ive heard they slow down your arrows and rip off fletchings....so what kind of rest should i go with?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:55 AM

Default RE: whisker biscuts

Ihave heard that a lot of people do not like them but I have had one on my bow for about a month and love it, I dont think I'll ever change.I haven't had any fletchings ripped off yet but I have heard that does happen from time to time.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you paper tune your bow and you have good tears the biscuit will be fine. i shot one for two years until i recently switched to a drop away which i now prefer over the WB. either way you willl be fine your pro shop should be able to get it tuned fine for you
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 AM

one thing you can do it add a drop of glue to the forward edge of thefletching (the part that goes through the wb first) and that will keep the fletchings from coming off. I have been shooting the wb for years and I have never had a fletching fly off. It may slow the arrow down a little, but I will take a tiny decrease in speed and know that my arrow will never fall off the rest again.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

You will see this question regularly on all the forums, I posted it myself a while back. I use one and it wrinkled the heck out of a few of my 4 in. vanes and it also will leave black marks. It can tear the vanes off or chew up the front of it so a drop of super glue can help prevent that. As for the wrinkled vanes, I was told it should not effect the flight unless it's really bad and to try some heat from a hairdryer to get them back into shape. Once the vanes get really beat up or I get motivated I'm going to re-vane them anyway. Some say when you switch go with2 in.Blazers and some say Dura vanes (work really well with the Biscuit). Probably some other opinions as well. good luck
Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Spike

I have used the WB for a few years now and had had no problems with it. I shoot 2" blazer vanes and have not lost a vane yet. I fletch my own arrows and I have always put a drop of glue on the front of every vane or feather I have ever shoot. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

had one.. put on a drop away. i like my drop away alot more.. i jus didnt like the idea of tearin up my fletchings ..
Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 AM

I switched from a drop away to a WB, noticed no difference. I do use 2" Blazers & have never had a problem w/them getting torn off. As for slowing down the arrow, it's possible as the vanes go thru, but for arrow shaft contact, it is no different than a 2 prong style rest.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot a WB and i have no problems with it and i like it very much. but if you are "afraid" to use it, then i would go with the ripcord dropaway, when and if i get a new rest i will get one of those.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:51 PM

I have looked at the whisker biscuits and for my preference, I wouldn't want the drag interfering with my arrow flight. It's common sense, with a drop away your arrow is untouched.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.