Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Who has a 80# Vulcan

Old 03-29-2007, 03:34 AM

Default RE: Who has a 80# Vulcan

its really too bad shoulders wear out so easy.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:03 PM

I shoot a 7"-8"group of 6 arrows @ 50yds, A little tighter with my trykon but it also has a inch longer brace height. I alsoshoot all year and a couple times a week. Sometimes I shoota little better sometimes a little worse.All in all the vulcan is very accurate for a speed bow!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 PM

thats what I was hoping to hear,where I'm located no chance to try them out as there is no bows ordered unless you want them.[:@]
Think i'm going to order one ( all black) wicked looking rip cord
thanks for the info.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 PM

No problem dyna, I have a some friends that bought 70# vectrix's and wish they had ordered the 80# after they shot mine,I have a 80 pounder, but I could shoot 70# if I wanted to. But I am a kinetic junkie. As for the people worried about my shoulders and testosterone, I am blessed with genetics, so they can keep shooting their 50#-60# rainBOWS and keep suffering from draw envy!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Randini

No problem dyna, I have a some friends that bought 70# vectrix's and wish they had ordered the 80# after they shot mine,I have a 80 pounder, but I could shoot 70# if I wanted to. But I am a kinetic junkie. As for the people worried about my shoulders and testosterone, I am blessed with genetics, so they can keep shooting their 50#-60# rainBOWS and keep suffering from draw envy!
OMG did you really just say that WOW draw envy????? the point the other people where talking about proved for them. HAHA draw envy I can take my girlfriends 15 year old brother and he can shoot a 80# draw all day so he must have great genetics too.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM

Yes sir hallj86, Its either genetics or not being a wussy, either way it is kinetic energy and flatter traj. They both work for me! I am the same way with my trucks, I could drive the weaky squeaky factory truck or I can drive with a powerchipped, intake/exhast modified,beast. All in all they will both get me there,But I prefer the Beast.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 PM

Randini, Couple more questions about the 80# limbs....

1. How does yours do as far as hand shock and quietness compared to the 70# Vulcan?

2. What is the spine of your arrows? I shoot Axis FMJ 340's at 70# and they are spined on the stiff side. If they are underspined for 80#, then could I go with a 85 grain head to help or what would I need to back the poundage down to inorder for me to stay with the 100 grain heads like I have set up now?

I guess if I had to buy new arrows, I could....but I just bought a dozen of the FMJ for about $130...lol
Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Randini

Yes sir hallj86, Its either genetics or not being a wussy, either way it is kinetic energy and flatter traj. They both work for me! I am the same way with my trucks, I could drive the weaky squeaky factory truck or I can drive with a powerchipped, intake/exhast modified,beast. All in all they will both get me there,But I prefer the Beast.
I completely agree with you.....I'm not trying to shoot 2" groups at 50 yards!!! If I was, I would have bought a slow target bow with about a 8" BH. I'm trying to get the most kinetic energy I can while maintaining kill-zone groups out to 40 yards. Where I hunt, I never have more than a 40 yard shot and rarely over 30 yards.

Maybe this is the same reason that I just bought a Commercial ZTR mower to mow my small neighborhood yard.....Sure, I can do my yardwork in an hour with a push mower, but my ZTR gets the job done in less than 10 minutes!!!! MORE TIME FOR SHOOTING MY BOW!!!! LOL
Old 04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Host of Hosts

Better question would be "Who needs one". Sounds like a typical problem with testosterone level.

That's what I was thinking.

Quick Reply: Who has a 80# Vulcan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.