Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech guardian

Old 03-17-2007, 06:10 AM

Default RE: bowtech guardian

No need for apology, Sapper. I knew you werent being hostile....I was just messing with you cause I figured it didnt come out the way you intended. I mean, heck, us coon-asses have to stick together....lol

Where do you hunt?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Your right, us Coon-Asses need to stick together!! We have a place in Lafittewhere we do some duck and deer hunting. Last year we also had a lease in Alabama. This year we plan on hunting in Lafitte and some of the Mangement areas in Central Louisiana. We made a couple of bow huntsat Three Rivers WMA last year with out much success. I also made a few hunts at Bens Creek WMA didn't kill any thing, but seen the biggest buck I ever seen, while doing some scouting. We are also going to try LakeOphelia this year. Thefew deer we killed last year, where killed in Alabama and Lafiite.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:57 PM

My Bro n Law plans on hunting LakeOphelia this next year. I paid a pretty high price to be in a lease for next year around Norwood, LA....1000 acres/7 members, 2 of which hardly hunt. Land is kind of above Norwood with 700 acres in Louisiana and 300 acres in Mississippi, but still all connected. Nice deer out there and plenty of deer out there. Only about 3 of us bow hunt, so the place is wide open in bow season. Of course, I bow hunt all year. I may hunt LakeOphelia next year with my brother in law a couple of times. He's got some buddies that know that place inside and out.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:05 AM

Lake Ophelia has some nice deer. Went up there at the end of the season to check out the place, you need to check out the pics of some of deer that was killed up there. They killed some monsters. I like Lake Ophelia because they have bow hunting only areas.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:19 PM

That does sound nice....I dont even know where it is, but I'm going to have try to hunt there. Dont you have to take a Bow safely course to be able hunt there? Are there places to park a camper trailer for overnight stay? And I guess you have to just hunt out of a climbing stand? Cant put up lock-on's can you?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 PM

You do need the bowhunting safety course to hunt Lake Ophelia since its a federal management area.The only draw back to the place is that there is no camping but its not far from some state management areas that allows camping. I'm not sure but I think there is a pay camp ground not far from the place. You also need a $15 yearly permit to hunt or fish Lake Ophelia. I'm not sure about the stand question, because I hunt out of a climber. You can get all the info you need from Lake Ophelia's web site. Lake Ophelia is not for from Marksville.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Spike

Over 1000 shots with the Guardian and about 350 with the Commander. I put a couple bale counters on a post by where I practice and keep track of the number of shots from the bows for the fun of it.
No signs of wear & tear at all. What I'm really surprised at is that I have had no string stretch at all on the Guardian. Sure can't say thatabout theTrykon that I had. I was always having to adjust the peep on it.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the bows I shot the Guardian is my first choice.

Unfortunately here in Ontario Canada BOWTECH has NOT shipped any 60 pound Guardians to our Distributor, 70's yes--but not ONE 60.
I've ordered my bowat the ATA show in January and to date I'm still to see it here.
Heard that quite afew are available in the USA---if ONLYBOWTECH can be a bit more accommodating towards the Canadian market.
Guess we're just a drop in the bucket--but in the end--we're still a CUSTOMER!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the problem Bowtech or what the Distributor orders? Dunno but the larger part of the market wants 70 pounders so my guess is thats what they cater to first.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry, what I can tell you is North Sylva has ordered me a 60# Guardian, way back in February, after the ATA Show, and so far THEY (North Sylva) the Distributor here in Ontario has NOT received any thus far. 70# yes, lots, modules lots, but NO 60# Gurdian as fas as "I" know.
If they are 60# Guardian bows in Ontario they must have come thru a different source--strange!!

Quick Reply: bowtech guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.