Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need help selecting sights >

Need help selecting sights

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need help selecting sights

Old 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help selecting sights

[quote]ORIGINAL: Rookie Bowhunter

Dude, get this one...

Truglo Xtreme sight, tooless, with light, made of metal, and micro adjust...can't beat that for under $80... best choice for the price...

''I have to say i agree with the tru glo here! Bought one last year and love it would definantely buy another one! Cant go wrong with the price either like was said!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM

Well I appreciate everyones reply. I think I will try the toxonics micro adjust. I will put a post up in a couple of weeks to let you guys know my opinion. Anything has to be better than what I'm using.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

i bought a sight from vital gear and i love it!! Its super bright in lowlight conditions and it comes up fromt he bottom of the sight so your not blocking the deer with it when ur aiming.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I HIGHLY sugest gettina a Sword Acusite, they are strong, light and they wont bend, i'v dropped mine multiple times and havnt gotten a bend yet.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: hoytarcher1

I HIGHLY sugest gettina a Sword Acusite, they are strong, light and they wont bend, i'v dropped mine multiple times and havnt gotten a bend yet.
???!!! Dude, get a wrist sling!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I was just using my experiences as an example of how strong the Sword sites are. And i do have a finger loop it has justforgot to put it on a couple of times.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:14 AM

I love my cobra sidewinder lx. I've had it I think over a year and even though the fiber optics don't stick right on to the metal part of the pin, I have not had it brake on me.

the sidewinder lx can move outward and inward several inches and can also be taken off the bow with the big take-down screw it uses to move in and out.

Also, I been thinking of getting the truglow t f o pins, the ones with tritium (radio active plastic) that glow day or night. The t f o pins stick to the metal blade of the pin.
The only thing I am not sure is how bright they glow in the dark(if it's pitch black I'm not shooting) and they cost about 25 bucks for a single pin.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM

I have a fuse on one bow, it has a big guard to protect fibers. On my hunting bow I have a spothogg hunter, which is bullet proof but a little spendy.