Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop away arrow rest?

Old 03-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Default RE: drop away arrow rest?

I am actually shocked. So many people like the Muzzy rest yet it is one of the heaviest on the market for drop aways. What gives?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe it no one has given a shout out for trophy taker! I guess ill be the first. I shoot the Shakey hunter and have never had a problem withe arrow fallin' off this rest. The accuracy is outstanding and that is what i want when huntin', precision! i'm not sayin' that others are not good, i have just shot the trophy taker for the last 4 years and have no reason to try anything else. If you are lookin' for a full capture they just came out with one this year.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Q.A.D. drop away rest. I have the cheaper Hunter version $45. Best rest I've ever used period!! Totally captures the arrow, so can't fall off when manuevering the bow. Same advantage as the W.B. w/o contact fletching problems. Your arrow is kept off the bow shelf unlike other drop aways. If you have to let down the arrow still remains off the shelf in the ready position. Its the same concept as the Ripcord, but came out before the ripcord did. QAD rest is nice & quiet when attach the included mole skin to the prongs. Its so easy to setup, simply put it on your bow. Only slightly tighten the cord to your downward cable. Draw the bow back, the rest brings the arrow up to firing position, and the cord will pull through the cable fastener setting it where needs to be. Tighted it down.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

So many people like the Muzzy rest yet it is one of the heaviest on the market for drop aways.
Just curious... have you actually weighed the MZE or are you just going by "looks" like I was before actually picking one up? I'm not without sin here; read my review and you'll know that I thought terrible things about the rest before actually inspecting one for myself.

They're actually VERY light. The fact that it's bow-driven, as mentioned, is a BIG plus in my book. There's no tuning issues with tying a cord into a down cable, and the BIGGEST points it wins in my book is there's no "slap" from anything hitting the riser shelf, and doesn't necessitate any padding to diminish that.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Muzzy Zero Effect...there is no other.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

There has to be another if the MZE won't work on your particular bow. I was looking at picking up one this weekend and was told that it won't work on my 2000 Hoyt Magnatech. I'm not sure what the exact issue is/was, but the shop owner how told me that is a very highly respected one on this board and several others. For my application, he recommended the ripcord.

ORIGINAL: RMA

Muzzy Zero Effect...there is no other.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

NavyDeerHunter
I have a reflex and I needed to move my cable guard above the rest area, but that allowed me to put a rear CSS(from MeanV) anyway, so it was the best I could hope for. Muzzy sells an upper cable guard adapter. After looking at a bunch of rests, I figured I wanted one that was driven by the bow rather than rely on a string that (if snagged or broke), would cause my rest to fail.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a dropzone, it was good at first but mine got a little dirty and started to stick. QAD's are awsome hands down better than the RipCord. Muzzy's are ok just too bulky for me. Trophy Takers are durable dependable, just dont hold your arrow until they are all the way up.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

So many people like the Muzzy rest yet it is one of the heaviest on the market for drop aways.
Just curious... have you actually weighed the MZE or are you just going by "looks" like I was before actually picking one up? I'm not without sin here; read my review and you'll know that I thought terrible things about the rest before actually inspecting one for myself.

They're actually VERY light. The fact that it's bow-driven, as mentioned, is a BIG plus in my book. There's no tuning issues with tying a cord into a down cable, and the BIGGEST points it wins in my book is there's no "slap" from anything hitting the riser shelf, and doesn't necessitate any padding to diminish that.
My measuring consisted of holding the rest up and at the same time in the other hand, holding up the other rests. Sorry, seems too heavy for me.

Your review was great by the way. It made me look a second time at that rest and has made me judge all the others differently. It is hard not to be biased these days. Thank you.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

No worries, MD... As you could tell in that review, I certainly brought my share of biases to the table when it came to the MZE!

Quick Reply: drop away arrow rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.