HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Mathews drenalin or bowtech guardian (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/182933-mathews-drenalin-bowtech-guardian.html)

dutchhunter 03-02-2007 03:57 PM

Mathews drenalin or bowtech guardian

I bought a pair of 70 pound limbs for my mathews switchback, along with a set of easton as-slims! when setup was done i started shooting out back. Dam my always super quiet bow started to make noise. I know because of rest energy! But thats no biggy! just brought back the limbs and whent back to old setup. Now as a dutch hunter i am not as fortuned as you American guys! cant walk in pro shop and shoot bows! I did shoot the drenalin with the ac-slims still not completly quit. So i want to no if the bowtech guardian set at 70 pounds is more quit as the drenalin? Cant shoot the guardian at 70 to try. Can you guys help me out? I dont want all kinds of extra weight just want the most quit bow.

vaclav 03-02-2007 10:22 PM

RE: Mathews drenalin or bowtech guardian

i shot the guardian at about 65# and it was very quiet...here is a link to a complete review of the guardian plus a movie:

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/a...rticles_id=540

dutchhunter 03-03-2007 02:20 AM

Yes i saw the review! Very nice this is the reason i am looking at the guardian! Just wondering if guys made the compare? the arrow weight is about 420 grains.

Greg / MO 03-03-2007 10:03 AM

I worked the Bowtech Factory Demo Booth at the Illinois Deer & Turkey Expo last weekend, and I can tell you honestly that our biggest miss as a company was not having video cameras rolling to capture the facial experssions of people right after releasing their first shot with a Guardian!! There were many expletives, wows and a couple guys who immediately felt buyer's remorse since they'd just purchased something else -- and yes, one of those who said that had just bought a Drenalin.

Guys around here will tell you I'm a pretty straight shooter, and I'm not into hyping a product just because I'm associated with it. The Guardian will be heavier than the Drenalin, and it may have a touch stiffer draw cycle; it's been a while since I've pulled back the Drenalin, so I can't personally remember.

The Guardian's not our speed burner for sure, but she certainly is no slouch. Where she absolutely shines is the completely dead feel upon the shot and lack of vibration and recoil; that's what was getting the 'oohs' and 'aahs' from our booth.

PreacherTony 03-03-2007 10:32 AM

I have shot both, and I own a Drenalin. That being said, I had narrowed my choice down between those two bows .... it was a tough decision, and I would have been happy either way, but what Greg said is what my experience was.

As far as quiet ... once ya get 'em both all dressed up, not sure you will notice a substantial difference.

If ya can't decide, flip a coin ...you won't be sorry either way!

dutchhunter 03-03-2007 02:56 PM

Thanks guys! I know dressing it up fully will make the drenalin as silent as the guardian! But stuff like sts they dont sell it in the Netherlands. Than i must order it in states, that will cost me 20% sending plus an other 20% tax. Though it will still weigh less than the guardian. As for choice it will replace my old bowtech extreme vft. So i dont realy mind wich brand it will be!as long its a bowtech or mathews!

mt hunter22 03-09-2007 02:11 PM

i shot both of them and to me the guardian was the quietest and most smooth.im looking into buyinga new bow and still having a hard time deciding between the two.only reason im even questioning is that it is the first year out for the guardian and its brand new design,hoping everything will hold up.mathes drenalin is new also but basically not as radical a difference as the guardian.let us know what yo decide.

dutchhunter 03-10-2007 12:52 AM

-thanks MT i have the same isue, cant decide! Mathews makes excelent bows but i am not completly satisfied with the racked kind off noise it makes when you shoot a lighter arrow(425gr). Never new it but when i started to shoot slim and light arrows it just did. My bowtech extreme never made any sound with the same arrow. But Mathews hase a terrific amo listing. So i just shoot a 400 grain arrow with my 60# switchback. But for my 70# setup il just have to buy a other brand. Its a shame they dont sell ross bows in the Netherlands!

21b_sapper 03-11-2007 07:15 PM

I'll take the botech guradiam over the mathews drenalin. I shot both of them. The bowtech is quieter and faster than the mathews drenalin with out the string supressors that the mathews has on it. It doesn't bother me that it's it first year out, beause they test there products alot before they put them on the market.