HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   TimberHawk Gear Pack review. Lots of photos! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/182532-timberhawk-gear-pack-review-lots-photos.html)

buckeye 02-27-2007 07:33 PM

TimberHawk Gear Pack review. Lots of photos!

Just the other day I recieved my"Hatchback" pack from Timber Hawk Gear. I have to say this pack is first class all the way. The construction and features are second to none. I took it to the field with me on Monday for some post season scouting. It handled all my gear with ease, with plenty of room to spare. This pack offers550 cubic inches of storage without bulk.

If you have any questions fire away.

Here are some photos of the pack.....

Here is an overview photo of the pack.

This shows a close up of the side pockets that are located on both sides of the pack. The outter most pocket with the button closure offers diaphram call holders as well.

You can use this outter most area of the packto hold ajacket or vest thatyou want to pack in or have shed. The two side straps and the center strap secure down tightly to hold it in place.

The pack offers 3 large pockets within the body of the pack. This is the outter most pocket.

This is the other two pockets located within the main body of the pack. It also offers a key clip.

Notice the quality of the zippers and loops used on the pack.

The belt strap has these velcro closures on both sides to fold the excess belt strapaway so they are never in the way.

The inside of the packoffers air chambers.

mobow 02-28-2007 05:05 AM

RE: TimberHawkGear Pack review.

Holy cow dude, that's amazing. I LOVE the loops on the zippers, shoot, you could work those w/ gloves on.....very cool.

What are the air chambers for?

buckeye 02-28-2007 09:33 AM

What are the air chambers for?
They stick out farther than the rest of the pack so they make contact with your body to prevent excess heat and or sweat buildup. The air pockets are like a layered mesh.

Michigander65 02-28-2007 05:06 PM

Is the "hatchback" the same as the "guthook"? Are the packs waterproof"

buckeye 02-28-2007 05:26 PM

The Hatchback is basically a scaled down version of the guthook minus the shoulder harness. The guthook also offers a 2 liter hydration bladder which the hatchback does not have.

I have saw no mention of these packs being waterproof.

PAHUNTER105 02-28-2007 05:38 PM

I AGREE WITH THIS REVIEW, I ALSO GOT ATIMBERHAWK, AND NOTHING COMPARES...TIMBERHAWK ALL THE WAY

markj 03-01-2007 10:00 PM

The comments are engouraging. We set up in Louisville last weekend and intended to set up some store owners to handle the packs. We did, but in the meantime we sold 24 packs! Not a whole lot of "selling" when it comes to these packs. Best design and quality I have seen at a good price.

If there are store owners that you may want to handle the packs please have them contact us. We are Sales Reps for Timber Hawk and would like to have these packs in stores locally for you.

If there is any info anyone needs regarding these packs let me know.

Thanks and Take Care

Insatiable 03-02-2007 06:07 AM

RE: TimberHawk Gear Pack review. Lots of photos!

is the pack waterproof?

buckeye 03-02-2007 07:04 PM

I have heard no mention of the packs being waterproof.

markj 03-03-2007 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Insatiable

is the pack waterproof?

Water Repellent. I have had a load of folks ask me that.

Is there a market for a fitted waterproof covering for packs?
Not a working one with zippers etc but just a "rain jacket" for your pack that you keep in your pack until needed.

Would you buy one for your pack if they were out there and what wouldbe an acceptable cost if quality?