Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a new bow-

Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for a new bow-

Went to the pro shop by the house. I asked the owner what was with all the Hoyt Trykon being available. He told me he would make me a 'heck" of a deal but first he had to be honest. Said those bows are almost impossible to tune. Anyone else heard of that?

Also, anyone know about Forge Bows? Any good?

Thanks for you help.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Looking for a new bow-

Not impossible to tune but the Vectrix I think has far surpassed the Trykon so I think there is some difficulty moving them. I'm letting my '06 Old Glory dealer bow go at cost if you're interested PM me.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Still in research mode. Thanks.

I did PM you.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Oh yeah, memory's getting soft, must be the impending 40th...
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Doesn't get any better the older you get, trust me on that one!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Dan,
I have Trykon and I had a very difficult time getting it to tune.
My problem w/ it is the floating yoke systwm that hoyt uses.
To make a long and frustrating story short, I changed the string and cables. I put a static yoke system and had it tuned in 3 minutes.

The floating yoke allows the top cam to cant and move during the draw and shot thus, allowing the string to vary it's path during the shot.
I pulled my hair out for 2 months trying to tune it.

After you put a static yoke on just set the axle to axle exactly the same on both sides and that should do it.

My Trykon is dead nuts tuned now. Shoots bullets through paper and broadheads and field points are the same impact point out to 45 yrds.
Your center shot will be about 7/8" from the riser bolt to the center of the arrow. And make sure you walk back tune it because it does vary from bow to bow.

PM me if you need any help or contact TFOX on this forum. He's a Hoyt Nat'l Shooter. He can help too.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks archer58! Almost makes it worth the while to pick it up since the changes you made did the trick. I will PM if I go that route. Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 AM

Danscott, are u referring to the Forge bow co. in NewBerlin Wi If so, they are good bows, I actually shot several them @ the factory. The come w/a lifetime warranty. Fast & quiet. Very reasonable price.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

I don't know if you have considerd a Hight Country Bow. There new 2007 bows are out and they are advertiseing 365-385 ibo speeds. I just bought a 2006 hold over TSSR and with a draw length of 24-3/4" and a draw weight of 72# I'm shooting 310 -315 feet per second. I shoot gold tip carbone arrows. I only have one sight pin. The one pin covers 10 yards clear to 35 yards. It's just a thought. My bow hunting buddy watched me shoot it one afternoon. The next day he went and bought one. Fully loaded drop away rest, quiver, fiberoptic sights, and a dozzen gold tips arrows and he was out the door for $800.00. the bow cost $500.00. one other thing that is nice about these bows is that mine weighs under 3 lbs fully loaded. lifetime warranty as well. The only thing i don't like is that it is easy to cant your shot. I think maybe because of my big hands and the bow is very small. adustable draw from 26-31" just by moving 2 screws. they are very nice bows. I personaly will never shoot anything else. Well i won't say never. There are a lot of good bow makers out there.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent shot a TRYKON, just heard Hoyt was having limb failure problems and weren't getting anything remotely close to the addvertised speeds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.