Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Schaefer Rest

Old 02-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Schaefer Rest

I have searched a few pages into this Forum and I can not find anything about these. I would like to know if anyone shoots a Schaefer Rest on there bow and what they think about it and the advantages it has being a hundred dollar rest.

With just having my first son money is pretty tight, and I don't want to get burned with that big of a purchase.

Any information or advice would be awesome, I know how knowledgable a lot of people are on these boards. If this is in the wrong board please move it..

I also shoot a 2005 Hoyt UltraMag, as it says in my sig.

Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Schaefer Rest

Try searching that topic and putting Cougar Mag in the user name... I know he shoots one and had great things to say about that rest.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go... I had to put in "rest" and "cougar mag"... but I knew he'd said something about liking it... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1797800&mpage=2&key=rest&#18 06584

P.S. the search engine isin the brown bar at the top of the page, third from the left on the bottom row...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:00 PM

That helped out a little bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Like I said just having my first kid, my mind is a little run down lately... heh
I knew the search was there just never crossed my mind to use it.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:14 PM

MEN,
What the hells a SCHAEFER REST ? PICTURES ? MANUFACTURE ?
Tj
Old 02-10-2007, 07:28 PM

I have a Schaffer MAT-1 on my Switchback. The great things are that Schaffer builds it to fit the Hoyt and Mathews risers perfectly. Mine is the -0-. For starters you know it's convertible from a drop-away to a conventional rest. It's very easy to switch back and forth.
This has got to be THE MOST MICRO ADJUSTALBE rest I have ever used.
The horizontal and vertical adjustment is so minute you won't believe it.
Set screws in the body of the rest allow for adjustment. Mine has NEVER moved once set.
Drop speed is set like most drop-aways' by attaching the drop cord to the down cable on your bow. It's quiet,and easy to set up. Quality is excellent.
I would recommend it to anyone. Yes,it's alot of $$, but it's worth every penny IMO.
I'll try to get u some pic's.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yep I had one on my Bowtech Patriot and loved it for accuracy, ease of setup, tunability, and how well built it was as in tight tolerances. I sold it just about hunting season time to try a Muzzy. I will be buying another soon just for 3D shooting, but I prefer not to hunt with it. Only reason I prefer not to hunt with it is there are other options out there for more arrow containment during hunting season.

My opinion is its a great rest but...........I don't think its worth $100, but to be honest I don't think any rest is worth $100. By the way, I happened to find my Schaffer rest on Ebay for much less than $100 during a dutch auction. The guy had 12 of them at the time.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Schaffer MAT-1
The small allen set screw(copper color)in the side of the rest,upper rear is windage. The chrome round head screw is the adjustmentlock down.
The elevation is on the bottom of the body.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:16 PM

It's not apparenet from the pic, but the etched scale for windage is facing you.
The rest fits snug up against the riser w/ one bolt and no set screws necessary to lock it in place.
I hope this helps.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:13 PM

I have a Schaffer on my Hoyt Trykon XL and have been pleased with it. I shot a whisker on my last bow and wanted to switch to a drop away to start shooting in leagues. I had looked at Trophy Takers, but the archery tec I bought my bow from said they preferred a Trophy Ridge or Schaffer. I will try to post pics of it on my bow. You will see the wear on the teflon silencersafter one year ofuse (the feathers must be hitting the prongs, butI am confident with the bowfrom 10-60 yardsand I don't want to mess with it as of yet). The tech set up the equipment for mewhen I purchased the bow and Ishould take it in and ask if the teflon wear is normal or if adjustments should be made.

This rest is silent, the only noise I hear on my bow is the rubber tube to align the peep. The Schaffer actually helped me learn to draw slow...when I first started shooting without the whisker,I would pop the arrow off the rest just before full draw because I was drawing back too fast.Since the first few sessions of practice, almost a year ago, the arrow has always stayed on the prongs.

$100does seemexcessive, but I didn't want plastic parts or a straight bar and this one fit the criteria of simple function with micro adjustments. In my opinion the rest is well built, durable, looks like it belongs on the bow and functions well.

Let me know if you have any questions about the rest that I might be able to answer. I would be happy to help out.

Quick Reply: Schaefer Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.