Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Rest

Old 02-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default New Rest

I'm looking at getting a Whisker Biscuit rest for my bow and I was just wanting some opinions on it. I heard some bad stuff when they first came out, but since then, I've heard nothing but good. Pro's/Con's Guys on this rest?

Any other rests that work real well for ya'll that's reasonably priced?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:30 AM

Default RE: New Rest

I'm not a fan of the Whisker Biscuit, simply because it runs contrary to EVERYTHING I'm trying to attain in a rest, which is zero, or the least amount of contact with the arrow/fletching upon release.

Shot a NAP Quicktune 3000 for years, but just switched to a MZE 600 PC in the last week. (primarily after reading Greg / MO's report on it, thanks BTW Greg) I can't say anything bad about the 3000, and will promptly switch back to it if the MZE doesn't work out.

But I have to admit, I know several hunters who use the WB, and the bulk of them shoot very well with it, and like it. To each his own I guess.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the quick reply on that. My understanding was that when the WB first came out, people were getting the rest too small. So that there arrows were being touched all the way around by the whiskers. That, I guess, messed with the accuracy and people didnt like them. Once people started to realize you have to get a bigger size, I havent heard anything bad about them.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 PM

Try the Nap Quicktune 360, its a capture rest that holds your arrow in place with out making Fletching contact. I had one on my last bow and loved it.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a fan of the WB. I have been shooting it for the last 3 seasons and will continue with it in use for the 2007 archery deer season. For all practical reasons the rest works well for my particular style of hunting. While I spend most of the time in a tree I also spend some time hunting from the ground when the conditions are right.

The WB is not a miracle rest. You need to treat it like any other rest and have it put on by a professional. 4" vanes work alright with some minor infractions at times.. Blazers work awesome... simply AWESOME. You won't be disappointed with the WB if you have it set up properly for your bow.

Good luck with your choice, whatever it may be.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I am a fan of the WB. I have been shooting it for the last 3 seasons and will continue with it in use for the 2007 archery deer season. For all practical reasons the rest works well for my particular style of hunting. While I spend most of the time in a tree I also spend some time hunting from the ground when the conditions are right.

The WB is not a miracle rest. You need to treat it like any other rest and have it put on by a professional. 4" vanes work alright with some minor infractions at times.. Blazers work awesome... simply AWESOME. You won't be disappointed with the WB if you have it set up properly for your bow.

Good luck with your choice, whatever it may be.
Thanks for the reply! I wanted to hear how it worked from someone that actually uses/ has used one.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one early season and didn't really like it. To me it was loud and it just seemed like it really slowed my bow down. I also just bought the MZE rest for my bow after reading Greg/MO reviewbut havent gotten it yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM

I just put my first drop-away rest on being the QAD and really like it,Never tried the WB because of all bad reviews.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 PM

Can someone post me up a link for the MZE Review, I haven't really heard much about it at all. Thanks again everyone for the responses!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go burbaust99.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790

Quick Reply: New Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.