HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Fixed blade boardheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/178983-fixed-blade-boardheads.html)

shoot2thrill25 02-04-2007 03:36 PM

Fixed blade boardheads

What is the best fixed blade broadhead on the market?

MB.prostaff.bgcalls 02-04-2007 03:39 PM

RE: Fixed blade boardheads

i like the slick tricks 4 blade or the sonics, i shoot both:D

marcusjb 02-05-2007 11:51 AM

Best fixed blade? Anyone's guess. I do like the Montec; very tough and resharpenable. (Awfully expensive too.)

Red Lion 02-05-2007 01:24 PM

I don't personally have any blades on my boardheads. ;) All kidding aside, I am going to try fixed broadheads for the first time this year, andgoing to give the Crossfire, 100grns a whirl.

BigJ71 02-05-2007 03:06 PM

I also like the Montecs, I like the fact that you can re-sharpen them. The blades are pretty tough however I did bend one on a spine hit this year on a big doe. She fell right in her tracks but when I recovered the arrow I noticed the blade was bent. This was the first time I have bent a Montec blade. I have been using them for the last three years and have taken over ten deer with them in those 3 years so I guess I can't complain.

That being said I will most likely use them again next year.

mobow 02-05-2007 05:48 PM

Here are my top 3..in no particular order....;)

1. Magnus Stinger. IMHO, simply THE BEST fixed blade head on the market. Backed by an unconditional lifetime warranty. I shot a doe last fall that busted my Stinger all to...H E double hockey sticks....Magnus replaced it, no questions asked.

2. G5 Montec. Fly like darts and wicked sharp.

3. Muzzy. Been around forever, their legacy speaks for itself.

Snood Slapper 02-05-2007 06:29 PM

Not sure there is a "best" anymore; there are just so many good ones now. I usually try new broadheads each season. It is getting harder and harder to find a bad one - and that's a good thing. The ones I've liked the most are Muzzy, Innerloc, Slick Trick, Magnus and Simmons. I actually prefer the Innerloc to the Muzzy. This year I was very impressed with the Simmons RazorShark I used. So much so, I may do something I rarely do: use it again next year!

Kelly/KY 02-05-2007 06:46 PM

Tons of great broadheads these days, but my personal fav right now is the G5 Striker. Flies great, sharp and has repalceable blades, which boosts it above the Montecs, IMO. Try them out, shoot the one that gives you the greatest confidence.

Sniper151 02-06-2007 11:23 AM

My favorites is the NAP Thunderhead. I have used this blade for many years without one failure or complaint.

strutnbuck 02-06-2007 06:17 PM

125 Gr. Muzzy Phantom for me!