Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need a good climer for bear hunt >

Need a good climer for bear hunt

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need a good climer for bear hunt

Old 01-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a good climer for bear hunt

Ya.. I have a guy bringing over a used Lone Wolf this next week for me to look at and if I like it I'll buy it.. He used it a couple times and said he wasn't comfy in it... lol Oh well...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Summit Viper and 2 Lone Wolf Alpha hang ons. I have used the Summit Viper for the past 4 or so years until I bought the Lone Wolf's this season. I would recommend buying the hang ons with the Lone Wolf climbing sticks. The Summit is good but the hang ons give you more options in which tree to choose while in the woods. You can choose trees with more foliage for cover and the tree doesn't have to be limbless for 20(+) feet in order to get set up. Plus once you are set up, you can get into your stand more quietly vs. the climber.

As far as comfort, the climbers are more comfortable if you are looking to sleep but you are out there to hunt. The Lone Wolf hang on is a very comfortable stand as you can adjust the angles to work on different type trees.

Here are my Lone Wolf's. You can pack your bag extra clothing if you use a motorcycle type netting and the steps are secure as well as the one pictured on the left.

If you are looking for a less expensive hang on the Loggy Bayou Monarch is a fairly good one. I have a buddy that has a couple. They are more difficult to set up in the tree. The seat if very comfortable but you can't take them off if there is rain in the forecast and the seat holds water. Not as many adjustments to get in different angle trees either. Overall, it would be my second choice as far as hang ons go.

I wouldn't trade my Lone Wolfs for anything. The quality is second to none and will last for a very very long time. Good luck in your choice and your hunt later this year.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Treewalker
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Want light, quiet, easy to adjust etc etc..
Lone Wolf sit and climb.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Spike

yeah this might be a little late but, i learnd every thing from my dad and hes been bear huntin for 20 years and evry were i hunted with him. there is no way your getin a climber in those trees. cause its thick in there. and if your bow huntin then yourgonna want cover obviously. so u dont wanna cut all your cover out going up the tree. so it all depends on your cover and setup. my dad said be ready for anything andany situation. i dont know your previous experience with bears but he said if you have any questions just ask him. he knows quite a bit about bears
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM

SUMMIT, VIPER SS, CANT GO WRONG, GOT ONE AND VERY IMMPRESSED.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Equalizer and a Lone Wolf and 55 other stands. These two are the best I have. The Lone Wolf is a great on the move stand. Lite easy and fast to set up and soild. The Equalizer is a great stand and a stand for a all day sit. Checkout there web site before you buy any stand. The best feature is the crank on the stand and seat. If your stand is off some when you get to your height you can crank it to the right angle. the stand is solid and very roomie even for my fat A$$ 6'1" 250lb. Its a great stand!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

X
Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally have an API Grand slam Lite and am very satisfied with it and have had it for 4yrs or so! But have not heard anything bad about any Summits so that might be the way to go! Its all in ur preference You will just have to check a few out urself!