HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/174892-what-best-bow-set-up-can-buy.html)

Red Lion 01-12-2007 09:29 AM

What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy?

I know that eveyone has there own opinions, such as Mathews being the best with a particular sight, rest, etc..., but I would really appreciate what others think is the best overall set-up, with $ not being an issue and a guesstimation as to overall price. I am looking to buy an awesome set-up the end of this year or next so would appreciate the feedback. I am currently inclined to stick with Hoyt.

KodiakArcher 01-12-2007 11:34 AM

RE: What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy?

Well, I guess that would depend on who you are and what you're going to do with it. What's best for one person and their application isn't going to be best for another, that's why we have so many choices.

Red Lion 01-12-2007 11:40 AM

I'm an American from the great state of Minnesota, served in the Army, National Guard, and Army Reserves for 16 years, served in two conflicts, have traveled the world and want to hunt whitetail by bow! Does that help? How about just giving me some feeback on what you individually think would be the best set-up with $ not being an issue.

newman1 01-12-2007 03:35 PM

That's a loaded question Red Lion;)

Greg / MO 01-12-2007 03:36 PM

There's bows out there I haven't held which may qualify as the best you could have if money were no option... Sag should be along sometime down the road to say he thinks the bows Stuart Bowman makes are the best at the upper levels of the stratosphere... (Forgive me Sag if I screwed up the name! :))

For me, out of what's readily available to the public and what I've got access to... I love my Bowtech Allegiance. I've shot the Guardian, and can't comprehend a smoother and more shock-free experience from just a bare bow. I'm really looking forward to receiving my own shortly. I haven't shot any other mass-produced bowsthat could match the quietness, lack of shock and vibration andproduce the same speeds as my Bowtechs.

...that froman American who served in the Army National Guard and Army Reserve for nine years... ;)

Red Lion 01-12-2007 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

That's a loaded question Red Lion;)
What!? ;) I just thought that being a wiseacre would help to illicit a couplereponses. I really do want some ideas from others as to what they see as being the top of the line.

newman1 01-12-2007 03:49 PM

I have shot a few of the newer bowsout there.I love the Gaurdian,One shooter for sure.I just can't afford a new Guardian this year so i will be using my Allegiance again next year.

SharpStickHunter 01-12-2007 10:37 PM

My family got together and gave me $1200 as a birthday gift for a new bow. This is what I just ordered.

Mathews Switchback XT 29" - 70#
Mathews 2pc raised quiver
Mathews convertible drop-away rest
Flash Point Montana Black Gold Micro Site
Radical Archery Designs Super Deuce 45 Peep
S-Coil Stabilizer

I'm not trying to start a brand war here. I know that Hoyt, Bowtech and others make great bows, but this is my dream bow. Ishot it side-by-side with the Drenalin and liked the XT better.

It should be here in about a week. I love my family!!

For a hunting bow, shoot the top bows on the market to see which you like best. Get a good drop-away rest, bright fiber sites with a large ring, and a good peep at least 3/16" or 1/4". Make sure it's quiet and smooth and you will love it.

Greg / MO 01-12-2007 11:05 PM

That's a nice rig, sharpstick... I had the convertible drop-away on my XT as well, and an S-coil too... And I've heard a lot of Mathews shooters and dealers as well say they're preferring the Switchback series over the new Drenalins.

nodog 01-13-2007 09:31 AM

If money is not an issue then I would buy several and shoot them according to the mood I was in.:DThere is not one size fits all kind of bow out there. I would not start with the 3 that are often spoken about, that's just tacky, you want to be eccentric. Compounds would be in the line up, but hand made long bows and recurves would take center stage. Made out of woods with finishes that no matter how hard you stare at them, you just can't see the bottom.Like staring into crystal clear water.Something that says Glacier National Park.