Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy? >

What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy?

Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 AM

Default RE: What is the best bow set-up that $ can buy?

try Martin bows. Top quality and affordable!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:25 PM

well this is all personal preference but since youre sticking with hoyt get teh vectrix, heres my set up (with a few upgrades im addin this spring).

Vectrix 29" 60-70#
Muzzy Zero Effect Rest* (Thanks to Greg/MO)
Vital Gear Triangle Sights
Fuse 4" Axium Stabilizer*
Hoyt Quick Detach Quiver*

* means im gettin

right now i just have a wb and icon stabilizer, no quiver
Old 01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm an American from the great state of Minnesota, served in the Army, National Guard, and Army Reserves for 16 years, served in two conflicts, have traveled the world and want to hunt whitetail by bow

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

I can't tell you what is the best money can buy, because I've only shot about 6 different bows in the last year. I do know that the new Guardian by Bowtech is getting great reviews everywhere I look. I shoot a Hoyt Vectrix and a Bowtech Tribute and I like them both alot. All youcan really do is shoot some and decide for yourself. If you just looking to narrow down your search then start with Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews and Parker.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know becuase everybow has there own things that are good. But i like pse and will stay with them.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do really appreciate it.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:24 AM

I had been looking since last year to buy a bow. I shot Ross, Hoyt, Diamond, Bowtech, Parker, Jennings. I went w/Bowtech Tribute 06 model. A friend came w/me last week to a proshop & while I was shooting, he tried out the Guardian, & bought it. He owns a Mathews & will keep it. Guardian for speed & quiet. Mathews for its smooth draw. Go out to some shops & shoot them. Talk to peopleshooting there & ask what they like/dislike about their equipment. I knew right off the bat whick bows I liked & didn't. The tough choice came when I narrowed it down to a couple & then made my choice base on whatit will be used 4, & what did I gain from one bow to the other.I also would sit in the range & listen to the bows. U would be surprised@ the difference in sound ea bow makes. Ask others around u to listen to what your shooting. I had a guy next to me comment about how quiet my Tribute was &hewas shooting a Bowtech himself.good luck & let us know what u decide on.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 PM

i was recently asking the same question and i went with the vectrix xl (the added ata makes it a more versatile all in one bow imo)

vectrix xl 29.5 dl 70 pounds
qad ultra rest pro ld
viper predator pro micro-tune dovetail sight
tru titan release
carbon express hunter 350 arrows
blackjack stab

total invested about 1300 or 1400 and worth every penny
Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM

The best setup is whatever you can afford and what fits you best when you shoot it. All I have to say is don't get caught up in all the hype with some of these bows out there on the market. Speed is not all that important if you can't hit the target. Go shoot a bunch of bows and get what you are comfortable with.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Greg on this subject. Just about a month ago I went to a proshop and shot the the Drenalin,XT, Vectrix, and the Allegiance. Verdict was that the Bowtech Allegiance wasthe one I liked the best overall. I held off buying until I could get my mitts on the Guardian, and I gotta say I think it was best decision I could have made!
This bow is almost completely shock free and super quiet. With a good fall away rest , right sight, and other accessories of your choice you can't go wrong with Guardian.