Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

lighted nocks

Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Default lighted nocks

ANyone familiar with the lighted nocks such as Lumenock or others? If so, do they work? Any one better than the other? thanks.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:15 PM

Default RE: lighted nocks

havent tried em, but alot of people swear by the homemade ones that cost 3.50. just a thought. i like the concept that these lmenoks offer though cuz its impossible to track an arrow at dawn or dusk.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I have used Lumenock brand with great success,others have had mixed reviews.I am currently playing with the homemade one that have the rubber tubing.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 PM

Apparently there is the CARBON EXPRESS brand, LUMENOCK and the newest TRACER. The tracer is more dependable and goes on and off by way of small magnet mounted under the rest and activates on pass by rather than impact like the others.

What's this "homemade" one you refere to? Plans somewhere on the internet or where?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know about them becuase i dont want the extra weight in my arrow. But my buddy has some of them and e said they are ok but the batterys die way to fast.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM

yea, they work very well and i recomend them. they are definatly helpful
Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 AM

I've used both Lumenoks and Tracers. I prefer the Tracers. I thought I'd hate the magnet, but I'll take it over having to wiggle my nock loose everytime I want to turn it off.

http://www.tracerarrow.com
Old 01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried them and i did not like them very much.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 PM

i think i might try them next year as well. The ultra lite tracer looks like it worth trying.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:18 PM

another good use for them, is when tracking you can turn one on & stick in the ground. Makes a good reference point for first blood sighted, point of impact, etc. You can really see them in dusk/dawn. I overshot a deer in some pines & would have lost that arrow, but u could see the lighted nock as clear as a bell. I know I would have had an extrememly hard time locating that arrow w/o the Lumenock. There definitely was a forum here that actually had 2 ways of making your own. I just can't find them here. Does anyone know the links?

Quick Reply: lighted nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.