HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Pendulum vs One-Pin Adjustable (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/172545-pendulum-vs-one-pin-adjustable.html)

HammytheHunter 12-29-2006 10:10 PM

Pendulum vs One-Pin Adjustable

So, with a Guardian on order and just about every other accessory ordered, I have finally started to debate as to which type of sight I should go with for my new setup. I currently shoot a loud yet effective Keller Pendulum on my hunting setup. Aside the noise, which I haven't noticed too much, the sight has been great for me out to 30+ yards. I know some people are completely against Pendulums, however, all of my bow hunting is from a treestand and I've never really like the fixed pin idea.

With the new bow on order, I've been doing some research and asking questions as to which type of sights different people prefer for their hunting setups. With all the searching of the forums, I came across a lot of people that use a one-pin adjustable sight. I've been thinking about going with one of these, but am worried about having to compensate in the field at the last moment, unless I set it at say 25 and have it hit 2" high or low. I am torn between the single pin and the free swinging pendulum. The two sights I am looking at are the HHA brand single pin and the VBG Camelback Pendulum.

It ultimately comes down to personal decision, however, I wanted to ask the HNI to see what other people feel about these two types of sights. I'd almost say that I am leaning towards the pendulum given my success with my Keller, but I wanted to go ahead and get some opinions from the peanut gallery. ;)

SIDEWAYS 12-30-2006 05:36 PM

RE: Pendulum vs One-Pin Adjustable

Pendulum

I use a Savage

BuckHunter92 12-30-2006 06:45 PM

PENDULUM..
no trouble AT ALL with straight down shot and otherwise it shoots exactly the same as a regular 1 pin..

HammytheHunter 12-30-2006 11:00 PM

Yea, I was leaning that way and will probably go ahead and order a site this upcoming week. You guys have any trouble with sound/vibration from your pendulums? That seems to be the only issue with them and I'm trying to get an idea as to which ones are the quietest. I've heard good things about the Vital Bow Gear one, but not too much about some of the others (aside the Keller I own).

DROCK 12-31-2006 09:04 AM

I shot a keller when they first came out...worked well but was loud. I then bought a savage pendulum..good sight, but I found it to vibrate. I went over my bow tightening everything and it still vibrated. I recently switched to a single pin Impact sight.I love it. It is bright, durable and I sighted it in at 20yds and I was good to go. With todays bows getting faster and faster a single pin can be the only pin you use out to 30yds +

Mountainhigh 01-01-2007 08:07 PM

If you go with a pendulum style sight check out the Predator IV pendulum sight. I've used them for the last 8 years and bought one for my father-in-law and he loves it too. Even at ground levelit works great and you dont have to lock it in like I hear you do with the Keller. As far as noise, the way it pendulums it is very quite.

ButchA 01-01-2007 08:28 PM

Another pendulum that is good, is Vital Bow Gear. They make the Camelback pendulum. I have one and like it a lot. It is real easy to use, very bright, and has a locking feature on it.

They say to sight it in at 25 yards, flat level ground, and then set it and forget it. From then on, you'll be dead on accurate from 5 yards to {maybe} 30 yards - depending on bow speed.

Butch A.

TEmbry 01-02-2007 02:23 PM

ill second vital gear, they make great stuff. very bright pins and strongly built. although i use the angled fixed pins.[&:]

HammytheHunter 01-02-2007 09:50 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far. I'm still torn between the pendulum and the one pin slider option. Its probably down to the VBG Camel Back or one of the HHA Sliders. I think I may decide to shoot some 3D and video range this off-season and that the slider might be more practical. Still not exactly sure when my Guardian is due in, so I still have some time to decide.:D

LA Crooket Stick 01-09-2007 02:17 AM

Pendulum for tree hunting and I like the Savage.