HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   rage broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/171623-rage-broadheads.html)

stalkingbear 12-23-2006 02:35 PM

rage broadheads

Anybody use the rage broadheads yet? Their design looks good and I was wondering if they perform as good as they look like they should.

ash2042 12-23-2006 02:56 PM

RE: rage broadheads

I have never tried them been I have read a little about them. There seems to be mixed feelings reguarding these heads. The are manufactured by Rocky Mt.so they should be a quality head. do some searches and I am sure you will find something ont hem.

martinfaw 12-27-2006 09:14 PM

Just bought a pack, they look good, the blades have a slot in them and the front is flat so that when they hit they slide back. They say they lock
in place and keep cutting while in the animal but I think wnen the head
quits moving forward the blades will float and not do much damage.Other than that they might do what they say, I hope so it would be nice to have a big entrance and exit hole.

martinfaw

5 shot 12-28-2006 04:32 AM

They did pretty well in my tests this year, and I do shoot a doe with the two blade version. The heads performance was excellent. Of course that was only one deer.

Dave at Work 12-28-2006 06:05 AM

5 shot,

When you tested the heads, did you have any problems with them not deploying when hitting cardboard or atarget? I tried them and they would never open on my morrell yellow jacket target. I also tried shooting them through a fairly thick cardboard box and the heads never open on either side. If I take the same box and "stab" it, the heads open fine. Why don't they open when shot?

Rick James 12-28-2006 07:35 AM

I shot 3 deer with them this year and everyone had the most devastating entrance holes I have ever seen. One deer was slightly quartering away and I got an honest to god 6" entrance hole, nearly cut the heart in half, shattered several ribs, broke the far side shoulder blade, and stuck in the ground on the other side with a complete pass through. This was a 43 yard shot with a 70lb bow and a 415 grain arrow, the hole and penetration was impressive to say the least on a 43 yard shot.

I also had probably 15+ customers come in to show us deer shot with them and I have never in my life seen entrance holes like these heads produce.

martinfaw 12-28-2006 09:37 PM

Rick, did you use the 2 or 3 blade, which cut the bigger entrance hole.

Thanks Martinfaw

Rick James 12-29-2006 09:11 AM

I used the 2 blade and they do seem to cut a larger hole but I saw several deer shot by customers with the 3 blades and those hole are impressive too.

Primitive Weapon 12-29-2006 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Anybody use the rage broadheads yet? Their design looks good and I was wondering if they perform as good as they look like they should.
This was done by a 2-Blade Rage yesterday.

VA HEAD HUNTER 12-30-2006 10:43 AM

i love em, the 2 blades are the best way to go, the three blades are garbage, the 2 blades blow a hole you wouldnt believe, i have always been skeptical of expandables but these things are nasty