Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowsight upgrade

Old 12-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowsight upgrade

Greetings, I am looking to get a different sight system. I am sticking with a 3 pin set-up and have looked into the Black Gold Flashpoint and 2 different sights from Trophy Ridge. Has anyone had any experiences with either of those or is there something else that I need to look into based on your experiences? As always, any help and guidance is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowsight upgrade

I would also suggest Spott-Hogg sights(i don't know if they come in a 3 pin )and also check out Viper sights. They are in the same price range with Trophy Ridge..oh also check out HHA and Impact...they too have great sights...did i even help you at all or did i complicate things?[8D]
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM

spot hogg and vital bow gear.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:58 PM

Spot hogg makes excellent sights I am currently using a viper sight. I am not a big fan of trophy ridge because of the verticle pins but it is only my opinion. I am sure the quality is good.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Ranger, thats what makes this stuff so much fun right? All these options and goodies to look through. Its nice to be able to toss a question out there and have folks share information with you. I will have to check out a Spot-Hogg sight and a collegue also suggested a VitalGear. Their vertical pin set-up looks nice. We will see! Again thanks for the inputs everyone, Have a safe Holiday! More to follow....
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 AM

i couldnt be happier with my vital gear triangle sights. They use the angular pins which is the best of both worlds. Unrestricted field of view like trophy ridges vertical pins. as well as space between the pins like horizontal pins for easier pin gapping. Im not blowing smoke you cant go wrong with these sights. only problem is they run around 120.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Hows it going Trevor? Yeah, that Triangle Sight caught my attention as far as the Vital Gear line goes. How does it do as far as pin brightness during the dawn/dusk?