Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2007 Martin Pantera

Old 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM

Default 2007 Martin Pantera

Martin Pantera: Copper John Dead Nuts 3 pin sight/QAD UltraRest/TruGlow 5" stabalizer/TruBall Pro Diamond release

SPECS: 35" ATA 7" brace 310 FPS and the best part:$430

The Mpro single cams draws smooth without any harsh break over. Simaliar to bowtech/diamonds freedom cam. Maybe a lil shorter valley. An adjustable draw stop peg would make things even better, but no complaints. The draw is smooth and it breaks over smoothly into the valley where the 80% letoff can be held very easily. Id give the draw cycle a true 5 star rating. Its easily as smooth as any of the top end bows.

The first thing you'll notice shooting the bow is that is very stable. A stabalizer is not needed to balance the bow. it has a perfect neutral balance and even though the riser has plenty of reflex the bow doesnt feel torque sensitive. This would be a perfect bow for someone who likes 3d. Its 35" ATA pretty much works in every situation. I can honestly say that i can shoot this bow as well as any of the $600-$700 bows ive owned previously. This $429 bow is simply a tack driver enough said. As far as recoil goes the bow isnt the lightest out there so thats not an issue. If you shoot with an open handed grip the bow sets there without any movement after the shot. The pantera comes with limbsavers and string leaches installed but my tests were done with the martin speed lizards instead of string leaches. Noise and vibration are no concern with this bow. Originaly i figured this might be an issue considering its price tag but its as quiet as any bow ive ever owned( maybe quieter). My testing was done with both xx75 2314 and gold tip xt hunters and the lighter carbons didnt show a noticable difference in noise and vibration. I was very pleased with this knowing that with a lighter arrow i wasnt making any sacrafices.I havent had a chance to shoot it through a chrono but just by what i can tell by shooting it the advertised speed doesnt seem to be over rated. The grip on the bow is simple and any hand will fit it because its simply the riser with a thermal wrap. As far as looks go, the long riser and parralel limbs catch the eye and the dark silver cam and idler as well. The realtree hardwoods green camo is flawless without any blemishes. The bow comes with modules from 26" to 30".

My conclusion, This $430 bow performs with the best out there and has almost all the bells and whistles as well. A nice wood grip would make appearance a little better but the function is as good as any. Keep in mind i am nost biased and have never been brand loyal. Ive owned Hoyt , Bowtech and Mathews. When i was at the local shop and noticed the price tag on this bow i was shocked and simply had to jump on it. An older guy at the shop also informed me that Martin had top notch costumer service and were a pleasure to deal with. This has actually got me curious to test one of the Rytera bows by Martin just to see if they hold any advantages over the Pantera. My advice to anybody on a budget looking for a new bow, check out a Martin Pantera.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:58 PM

Default RE: 2007 Martin Pantera

good post ! thank you !
I don't have a martin dealer that i could got to . But I have checked out their site ! don't this bow have a three piece riser ? tell me about that ! does it bolt together or what .
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one on order with the Furious X cams and 14" magnum limbs. Should be a tad longer ATA and taller brace height, but similar speed.

PA.JAY, I can't tell you a lot about the riser being modular. because I haven't seen one yet, but if you log onto www.archerytalk.com and PM either PUG or JoleC they should be able to handle any questions for you. They are Martin employees.

For what it's worth I''m a Martin shooter and ordered this bow sight unseen. I've enough of their bows right now to know what kind of workmanship and design goes into them. As good as any bows on the market.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bucks,

I just want to say two things.

One: this was a very nice, informative review. Nice job.

Two: Suggested retail is $479 so you should be arrested for stealing it.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one last week on Thursday. They are nice. This thing has to be one of the best deals in archery. I am shooting a Bengal right now just because of availability, but the pantera will likely be in the stable at some point this year.

My Bengal reacts at the shot just like an XT, but it's lighter and smoother I think. I am getting 267fps too with a 415 grain arrow at 30" and 60lbs. Not the fastest bow but plenty fast for whitetails or anything else I hunt. Best part is they only cost $400.