Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which bow should I chose? >

Which bow should I chose?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which bow should I chose?

Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which bow should I chose?

Shoot every thing you can and decide for your self. No one can tell you how it feels in your hand.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

No across the board comparsion of bows would be complete without mathews. Is there some reason you excluded mathews? Bottom line-you can kill a deer with almost anything,so get the one that's most comfortable and most accurate for you to shoot. Most pro shops will let you test shoot bows before buying.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM

Hiya,

I just bought a PSE Brute as my first bow. I shot several at my local shop, and as a beginner I honestly couldn't tell any difference between this bow and others that cost nearly twice as much. It's got everything a modern bow seems to need, 32" ATA, paralel limbs, pivoting limb pockets,forgiving 8" brace hight. It's got the same NRG cam as PSE uses on their high-end bows.

The new ones are coming with all the little rubber doodads to control vibration. I don't know what their called. Anyway, there are rubber bits wraped around the limbs, under the limb pockets, within the string. I feel no vibration at all. Due to this, and I think also the paralel limbs, there is no "jump" in my hand at all. I'm not even using a sling.

I got it set up with a trophy ridge sight, wisker bisquit rest,vibracheck stabilizer, and a nicescott release (oh, and 6 carbon arrows)for less than what many of these high-end bows go for with no accesories

Try to check one out before you make your decision. I love mine!

Rob
Old 12-30-2006, 10:47 AM

every manufacture has good bows on the market for 07 and you will have your mathews fans, hoyt fans etc, but the bottom line is that you have to shoot the bow that you decide on and you need to shoot every bow in your price range and dont worry about brand name, worry about what feels good for you
Old 12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

every manufacture has good bows on the market for 07 and you will have your mathews fans, hoyt fans etc, but the bottom line is that you have to shoot the bow that you decide on and you need to shoot every bow in your price range and dont worry about brand name, worry about what feels good for you
This is sound advice. The name doesn't make the shot, you do. Get the one that's best for you. Shoot 'em all.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried most of these bows. Even thought i am a pse fan i liked the element. But i would still go with the pse.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 AM

I really like my reflex, but i dont really think you can buy a "bad" bow these days...try shooting as many as you can
Old 01-18-2007, 07:33 PM

I just recently went from the Reflex Highlander to the Fred Bear " The Truth". The Reflex and Fred Bear are great for the money. I think the Fred Bear is a better shooting bowfor me. Just get what ever fits you the best and what you can afford.