Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER >

SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

NO.. I don't ever believe that someone can be 100% scent free. Nearly impossible!

BUT.. doesn't it make more sense to eliminate as much scent as possible than just to mask it?

Assuming someone hunts the right winds (which I do 100% of the time) it just seems to make better sense to eliminate as much scent as you can. Otherwise your just covering up your scent with another.. mature bucks are nearly never fooled. And since I have done this (used no scent products with good winds) I HAVE seen more mature bucks and ALOT more coyotes within the past 2 seasons. (I use the coyote as an example, since I consider them to be more efficient even than whitetail at using the wind!)

I only wish the no-scent products came in better camo patterns..!!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:29 PM

You make an excellent statement about covering your scent with another.
A whitetail can detect about 10 seperate odors at one time. So cover scents just add to the human odor.
I do everything the same as any other scent conscious hunter does and that includes showering w/ scent killer soap prior to the hunt, spraying my boots,bow,pack and the rest of my equipment w/ scent killer. I try to get every advantage I can and the Scent-Lok suit adds to the regement.
It may be the difference between that buck coming in from downwind when I rattle to him. The point is, you may never know if a buck picks you off from downwind , Scent-Lok suit or not, but its added insurance I won't go without. I've had numerous bucks down wind that never reacted in the least ,once in my scent stream. so again I say...Don't knock it until you try it.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Spike

I have both a Scent-Lok liner suit and a ScentBlocker jacket and pants suit. I can't say which one works better because they are both great products. As far as hats and gloves, I have found that ScentBlocker has the best products out there. The big thing that I do is during the colder hunts is I layer w/ Scent-Lok liner and use the ScentBlocker Pants and Parka for my outer layer along w/ the ScentBlocker gloves and hat w/ head mask. Since using both of these products, I have had several closer encounters w/ large bucks and deer in general. The deer come downwind and have no clue that I'm there. I am also very particular about keeping my clothes as scent free as possible. I seal all my stuff up in toats, I dress in the field, I spray down liberally w/ Scent Killer, I wash my under garments and liner suit frequently, I also shower before my hunts w/ Scent Killer soap/shampoo. I have found since using these steps along w/ my ScentBlocker and Scent-Lok gear that I have become even more successful in the woods. The biggest thing that I can recommend is check out the camo and material options between the two and go with what best suits your needs.