Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Archery Research bows?

Old 11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default Archery Research bows?

Checking out some new bows and was wondering how archery research bows(velocity) stack up against the big boys?(Hoyt,BT.Mathews). The long riser..short limbs seem to be a different approach than other bow makers. Is this good or bad?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Archery Research bows?

I will answer the best i can for you ! I have shot the AR & lots of other bows .I test drive alot of them ! But what I look for in a bow maybe not what your looking for in a bow. Don't buy a bow because of the name thats how the big boys stay in bussiness ! selling their name . I would shoot the AR. Then pick up another bow compare feel, steadiness, balance, sound. then make your pick . I bought a big name bow only because of all the sheep saying it's a shooter ! It was junk IMO !
Old 11-18-2006, 09:13 PM

PA.JAY is right on the money. You should buy the bow that fits you best.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to shoot the AR34. It was an awesome bow... I liked it better than my Hoyt and would rate it about equal w/ my Mathews.
I have not shot the Velocity, but they make a fine bow and have excellent customer service. I broke a limb and they replaced it and completely redipped the riser in camo for me since it was flaking. Very good to deal with.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I had a AR31 for 3 years. It was an arrow flinging deer killing machine. I sold it to a friend two seasons ago which was a mistake as my luck has changed. When you get down to it, AR is a great bow. I would classify it as PSE's cadillac as it is made by PSE. I had a friend that had the AR37 and had a limb break and it was replaced by the bow shop within 3 days so the customer service is great.

I haven't shot the Velocity so I can't comment. I currently have a Mathews and Bowtech. I would rate the AR up there with them. Only difference is there is a bit more hand shock than the those two. It's not a big difference and it won't make a difference in the woods as hopefully you are taking a ONE shot vs. shooting all day.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot AR34. Awsome bow. Just as good as my old mathews.... BUT CHEAPER!! )
Old 11-22-2006, 05:13 PM

I have shot an AR31 for about 4 years now, awesome bow. I have killed so many deer with it I have lost track of them all. I keep thinking about getting a new bow, but after I consider it for a while, I come to the same conclusion that I cannot justify the purchase of a new one. Bow has been absolutely trouble free. But what fits me, may not fit you. Shoot as many as you can and then make your decision. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 PM

i have a new ar-35 in "layaway" right now. great bow i shot some others bows along with the ar namely a hoyt, bowtech, and matthews and to tell you the truth the ar shoots just as good as the others at a cheaper price. it also felt really good in my hands. i cant wait to get it out.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i have heard mixed feelings about this bow!! Go get waht you like best not what anyone else says!!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:47 AM

I've had a ar-34 for 2 years now, after I put the sts system on it became extremly quite and shock free.

Quick Reply: Archery Research bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.