Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

when ti buy a new bow

Old 11-12-2006, 06:59 PM

Default when ti buy a new bow

hey guys when do you or what makes you buy a new bow? I have a Darton MX50, i donot know how old this bow is (if any one does have any info on this bow let me know)) it seems to shoot fine haven't shot at many deer but the ones i have shot at i've hit 9 out of 10 times. I've nvr shot another bow before so i don't know if there is a noticable difference between what i have and the newer line of bows, most of my shots are 20 yards or less just because i donot feel confident beyond this yardage, would it be worth looking into something new or should i just stick with what i got?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Default RE: when ti buy a new bow

IMO only! if a bow is over 3 years old you will tell a world of difference in a new bow ! weight,speed,smoothness, every year they just keep getting better. go shoot some off the shelf @ a dealer your jaw will drop
Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

they will both kill em dead but new bows are faster smoother and catch my eye
Old 11-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The day after archery seasons over..start looking,I p/u my Mathews LX for 600 and now I p/u a Mathews XT for 600. cant beat that with a stick....
Old 11-14-2006, 01:26 PM

Bows are like wives, a newer, sexierone always sounds better than the old one, but will equally do the job!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

When you feel the itch to buy.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its your civic duty to stimulate the economy by spending your money. The money you spend on a new bow will feed some guy's kids, buy a senior medicine, put a kid through college, build hospitals and churches. See. don't you feel good already. Keep it rollin man..................
Old 11-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the last three years for me it's been the week before Thanksgiving. I just ordered the new Guardian from Bowtech, Hardwoods HD. So that's an Allegiance, Tribute and now the guardian. No wonder Bowtech's the fastest growing bow company...suckers like me. But I'm still pumped about the new bow.

Kel