HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   which sight? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/163634-sight.html)

ikillsdeer 11-06-2006 11:25 AM

which sight?

im getting a vectrix, and i have allready picked out my rest (qad ultra pro), now i need to pick a sight. what is the best 3-pin sight available?

squeegee 11-06-2006 11:44 AM

RE: which sight?

Thats totally up to you. I can tell you what NOT to buy ... Dont BUY a Corba. They are the brightest fiber optic sight in the store, but dont be fooled ... the are the most fragile sight in the store too. I own a Trophy Ridge Matrix now and its nice, but not overly sure i like the verticle type sight. But after spending $110 on it I have gotten used to it. Its funny (NOT!) sights used to be about $15 and worked just fine, now your lucky to find one under $50

ikillsdeer 11-06-2006 01:35 PM

i initially picked out a cobra sight, but then read they are not that good and it was 150.oo. thats why im asking here now cause o dont want to buy it twice!

ikillsdeer 11-06-2006 02:33 PM

im now thinking about the spott-hogg hogg-it hunter, any insight on this model will me helpfull.

BGfisher 11-06-2006 05:07 PM

Yeh, I can give you some insight on the Spott Hogg as I have two of them. I have the Hogg-It and the Real Deal. They are a very rugged, high quality sight, bar none. But I don't use them for hunting for a couple reasons.

One, the pins aren't bright enough. Yeh, yeh, some guys are going to say get the light kit. Wrong chicken. The light is about $25 and uses batteries; very expensive batteries that can and will go dead on you eventually in the woods. Plus, the light makes the pins too bright when you need it the most; like having a spot-light in your eyes. You'll be able to see the pins alright. Just nothing beyond them.

Two, the pin guard is not wide enough. It's about 1/2" wide and does not give good protection to the pins and fibers for hunting purposes.

Ok, that sums it up. Do I like the sights? You bet--for a target or 3D setup. That's why I have two of them.

KodiakArcher 11-06-2006 05:07 PM

Rugged and dependable but I'd recommend Fitz Fibers to make it brighter: www.fitzfibers.com

DetLieut 11-06-2006 07:52 PM

Take a look at the new G5 Meta.I just picked one up after my recent problems with the Sure Loc Lethal weapon. The sight is easy to adjust and they have a light the illuminates the fiber optics from within a light chamber so the light does not shine outside the sight. It does show a little from behind but a piece of camo tape covered that problem.

BTW my complaint with the Sure loc involves the fiber optics set up. As far as a rock solid rest for target or 3D I won't have any reservations about using it then.

DetLieut

ropedawg 11-07-2006 04:50 AM

impact collector can get them for about $50 but is good for that price.. with the clear sight ring my pins are still bright until about 5:30-40's without using my bluelight!!!

MACBUCK 11-07-2006 05:32 AM

montana black gold, radiant, or flashpoint. they are great sights. durable, and very bright. can't go wrong with either....

tbyrd 11-07-2006 06:28 AM

I would give the Trophy Ridge Matrix or Flatliner a try. They are very durable, with very bright fibers. And if you use their light set-up with the sights, low light conditions will not be a problem. With the light set-up only the fibers light up, not the whole sight. Just my suggestion.