Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

steelforce broadheads

Old 11-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default steelforce broadheads

anyone using the steelforce broadheads if so what do you think
Old 11-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: steelforce broadheads

Sharpest heads out of the package I have ever seen. Flight is excellent and the are pretty durable as well. They are very good heads to say the least.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 11-29-2002, 09:56 PM

At one time there were many broadheads
on the market. Now there is only one.
This is "it". Awesome in every respect
in my experience. I shoot the 125 gr Premier.

dxr
Old 11-30-2002, 07:56 PM

In my tests I have found them (100grain sabertooth) to be suprizingly durable. They don't penetrate bone that well, but cut hide better than any other head. The bone penetration is probably NOT a big concern...just don't hit any real big bones.
Also, they have a VERY sharp angle to the blades (If you worry about deflection) so they would be VERY good for sharp angle shots. Such as a deer quartering away, you shoot, and it turns away even more, this blade should follow it's path better than most.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:28 PM

I like 'em, but I dont. They are some of the sharpest broadheads ive ever seen. But, ive had durablitly problems. They seem to just kinda fall apart if u hit something sturdy. They do have great penetration. Ive also noticed they whistle really loud in flight. Ive also had problems about being sighted in one day and the next them shooting really low, and its not the tuning cause my muzzys dont do it, and its not me either, they just shoot low. Now, granted, these are the 4 blade 100 grain heads, there lockdowns, which could cause the durability problem. After using them for a while i came to thinkin that if im gunna use a cut to tip broadhead style, id use a Zwickey or soemthin along those lines. There a great head, im just a little leary.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:23 AM

I have shot the steelforce 100gn 4 blade through 3/4" compression molded woodflour/resin. (Basically the same thing as a thick Bemis/Kohler/Chuch/Mayfair toilet seat cover)...ZERO damage!!!
I shot them into sections of this stuff thick enough to stop them after 1 3/4" from 290fps again ZERO damage! Even the bleeder blades survived!
That said...the Muzzys DO penetrate all the way through...and a couple of inches into a "block" after that.