Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 FIBER OPTIC SIGHT...SUGGESTIONS >

FIBER OPTIC SIGHT...SUGGESTIONS

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

FIBER OPTIC SIGHT...SUGGESTIONS

Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM

Default RE: FIBER OPTIC SIGHT...SUGGESTIONS

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Upgrade the fiber? Okay, you have my attention...I'm listening. How do you go about doing that? Is there a "better" fiber that will show up better? I'm all about saving money.
Thanks

ORIGINAL: Totemkopf

Why don't you just upgrade the fiber on your sight. It's simple to do and a lot cheaper than replacing your sight.
Look up Fitz Fibers. I ordered a set of their .019" fibers that are specifically designed to gather more light at long lengths (>6") and they are amazing in my Sure Loc Leathal Weapon and my girlfriend's Spot Hogg. They are very flexible so I got the protective tubing and snaked the fibers up through my riser for more length. They also make fibers specific to sights where they can only run in small lengths (less than 6") and they are way better than factory fiber optics. They have photos of modified sights on their site as well.

http://www.fitzfiber.com/
Old 10-26-2006, 03:19 PM

NavyDeerHunter,

The Fitz Fiber is excellent.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another kudos to the Fitz fibers. I'm sold on them.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the Fitz fiber too! Give the Sword some serious consideration. For the money they are hard to beat.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:02 AM

Why don't you just upgrade the fiber on your sight. It's simple to do and a lot cheaper than replacing your sight.

Here's what i did installed new fiber optic's from http://www.fitzfiber.com they are great fiber's and you can view some of what others have done to upgrade theres.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 PM

I returned the Trophy Ridge sight because it was too dark.. I didn't know about the replacement fibers, but really, should you have to do this on a new piece of equipment?
My uncle turned me on to the Vital Gear sights, and these things GLOW in the faintest light. He uses the single pin & I went with the three pin..
Old 10-29-2006, 01:38 PM

NyDeer,

Should you have to add LimbSaver Minis to a sight?
I purchased a Trophy Ridge 5-pinMatrix sight on clearence for$59 at Cabelasand purchased $20 of fiber(only used about 1/3 of it). I have a sight brighter than anything else I could have purchased with custom pin colors. I'd say it was worth it.
Should I have to do that with a new sight, NO. It just seems that the sight makers are more concerned with selling an add on light then providing brighter fiber.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Upgrade the fiber? Okay, you have my attention...I'm listening. How do you go about doing that? Is there a "better" fiber that will show up better? I'm all about saving money.
Thanks
I just placed an order to Fitz Fibers last night myself to upgrade my Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It... Three new fibers (red, green and yellow) plus a protective clear tube to house the extra fiber length for $16.

I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM

I have the the same problem with my Trophy Matrix and yes the little green sticks are junk. I love the sight, but not great in low light. When i went and compared the BRIGHTNESS of all the sights Gander Mountain had on the shelf, the COBRA stood out (BRIGHTEST) so i bought it. It was junk, the fiber optics fell part during my hunt, very, very fragile and not something you want in the field so i went and spent another $80 on the MATRIX! I did find that guys were taping the $2.46 "bobber lights" (see homemade lighted nocks link) to the side of the MATRIX. I tried it and it works great, but needs a light for each pin being used!