Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures) >

Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)

Old 10-27-2006, 05:26 AM

Default RE: Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)

where are yall getting the actual light thing? I went to dicks and wally world and couldn't find aything. also what is the exact name on the pacckage or if someone could post a pic of the package that would be awsome

Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Here you go Buddy http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=WY24ZK3EDDLFICWQNWRCCOQK0BW0GI WE?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=&id=0011798115124a&nav Count=0&podId=0011798&parentId=&master pathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG& rid=&parentType=&indexId=&cmCat=netcon &cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=gravitystream.com&am p;cm_pla=&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true&_re questid=27650
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 PM

There are two companies I have used to make these nocks.

The major brand was Thill.

The other brand was Rod n Bobb's Beacon.

I found mine at Gander Moutain in the fishing department, alongside the bobbers.

Hope this helps.

Bols
Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 PM

Damn, I was in bps for hours today and totally forgot to look. I was too busy foaming at the mouth the whole time. [&:]
Old 10-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Dicks has the red and green Thill lights in the fishing section.
I could not find them at first, when I asked about them the guy behind the counter showed me where they were. He also said I was the 4th or 5th person looking for them.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

will they work in the easton axis full metal jackets rob similar to the acc?????? i would like to do this but dont want to mess up the arrow
Old 10-29-2006, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

will they work in the easton axis full metal jackets rob similar to the acc?????? i would like to do this but dont want to mess up the arrow
You won't necessarily mess up the arrow because you will quickly know if it will work or not long before placing the nock inside the shaft. Where you will first finda problem is when you try and fit the Thill light into the inside of the nock.

I believe the inside diameter of the nock for the FMJ's will be a touch too small.

If you are able tobuy one Thill light (theymight have them at Wal-Mart, I just bought two more there the other night), you can test fit the light into the nock. I am assuming it will be too tight. The onlyother option would be to drill out the inside of the nock with a 5/32nd drill bit. Justbe careful when drilling the nock. Don't drill beyond the shaft of the nock either.

I am looking at the Easton website, the "X" nock, which is recommended for use with the FMJ'sjust appears to be too small in diameter. You could try thedrillnonetheless.

Overall, the worse thing that could happen would either be you can't use the$3.00 light (I know they will fit nocks for your Gold Tip XT shafts)or you ruin a nock.

Hope this helps,
Bols
Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Bol's ,I'm going to try making some of my own now .

nubo
Old 10-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks they are to small and i wont be using the xts anymore for hunting just the FMJs so i guess it wont help me out any[:'(]
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Very cool Bols, nice job.

I shoot ACC's..I'm out of luck when it comes to lighted nocks...
No you're not Rob, they are easy to make for A/C/Cs and you get to keep your uni-bushing/g-nock setup. You will have to remove your uni-bushing to install the dowel, then just reinstall it with hot melt. The Thill light will slip right downthrough the uni-bushing

Quick Reply: Homemade Lighted Nock review (w/ pictures)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.