Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

peeps

Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default peeps

ok guys. im pretty fed up with my shurz-a-peep. sure when its all ligned up it works like it should. but mannn is it finicky. if my loop moves a hair so do the strings..duh..but if it only had 2 strings i wouldnt have such a problem..sure its gota be aligned still...but there wont be a 3rd string to blind me. i was looking at the Meta-peep by G5. they say its lighter than others...is it really? good peep? worth the extra change? think they are like 8-10$ or something..no biggie if it works well. and if it could save me a fps or 2 that would be nice too since i plan on heavier arrows next year i wanna gain some speed anywhere possible to even things out..
Old 10-18-2006, 08:11 PM

Default RE: peeps

Made of magnesium, lighter than aluminum. Supposed togive back2-3 fps over regular peep. I hear they are nice. Will be getting one as soon as I can find one.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx michael...thats what i heard....just curious as to if my vision problem will be gone..so long as everything is lined up..the string is split not in 3s like it is now...that thing gota be PERFECT to get a clear picture...cant believe noone used them....when i get the new string ill probably try it out...
Old 10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was also impressed with the G5 blue peep that I installed on tkycallers Switchback.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:27 PM

I had a meta peep installed on my bow after shooting a peep with with silicone tubing attached for about 2 months...Picked up 4 fps and havent had any problems with it yet...buddy aslo has one and is yet to have a single problem...i believe as long as there served right they are about as good as you can do for a peep right now...mine is the 1/4" version...hope this helps
Old 10-18-2006, 11:50 PM

Well I am not necessarily going to install the G5 on my PSE, right now, I think I'll get 2 of them and wait until I can mount one on my new BOWTECH Guardian when I get it.

Hey if it is the real deal, I'll have to try it. I deserve a new bow...... in fact I told the wife that tonight, and I know for a fact she heard me as she was walkingaway laughing. So I bet it won't be long...... she might even be planning on buying it for me...... Ya think? I'll hold my breath.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx for the info guys...if you cant tell im pretty much doing a make over on the Highlander by next season. i didnt have the cash for everything i wanted this season so i kept it prettttty basic. but im ready to upgrade it all after this season..im going to make a shopping list and start knocking things off here and there when i got extra change..that way it wont sting as bad..

michaelT....good luck with that......be sure to let us know how that works out! lol
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a G5 peep and I really, really like it. I haven't had a problem with the peep lining up...in fact, I took my tubing off when I put this peep on. I thought the blue color would be kinda weird, but I really like it. Your eye is drawn to the peep and things seem to get lined up quicker. I found my peep at cabelas for about $10. I don't think I will need to be worring about getting a different peep for quite some time...I really like this one!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 PM

I got the 1/4" one after I got screwed out of a low light shot [:@]with the old peep. I like it but make sure You can keep your loop in the same place mine turns some times I think I'm gonna put a touch of super glue to hold it in place. The Bow shop said I'm gonna need a new string soon so that may be it. the best part is that even with it turned you can still see thru it. get it.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Shurz a peep without a problem. I put a Gibblet string on my bow, set things up and started shooting. After about 100 shots I made a small adjustment and that is it.I really believe string quality has a lot to do with peep rotation or lack there of.

Quick Reply: peeps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.