Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ol Man Vision Pro

Old 10-17-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Ol Man Vision Pro

I was excited to hear that Ol Man was back in business and just purchased the Vision Pro for $259. It appears to be the exact stand I was looking for light, flat and comfortable . I have used the original ol man for 5 years now and I love it but it is heavy@ 25lbs. The new vision pro is 17lbs which is lighter than the Lone Wolf climber and cost 100 bucks less.

Even better this stand can be used with an open front, regular closed front like the original steel version or with the gun rest or flip the rest over and it is a foot rest.4 stands in one how sweet.

Can not wait till 3 tommarow evening and its first night out....... Got to remember to switch over my pull up rope
Old 10-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ol Man Vision Pro

The original weighs in at 22 lbs doesn't it. I had one and loved it, I have the Ol'man grand now as my primary climber. The best stand money can buy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:24 PM

Maybe I have something other than the original as it is 25lbs on the button. I put each one onthe scale today and the numbers were 25lb for the steel and 17.5 for the Vision pro with the front bar on.

I spent abuout three hours in the Pro today and as I expected loved every minute. It even seemed quiter and more stable than my Steel Ol'man. The Pro has two beams that run under the platform and the steel only has one. It seemed to have less twist in it when I shifted around on the platform.

It climbed eceptionaly well and again very quiet. The seat is not as comfy yet as it is not broke in like my old one but it will loosen up.

Bad news is Bubba 8 stayed about 100 yards out all day bumping a doe in the field. I can not wait until that Combine fires up and chops up those beans so I can get to the honey hole he lives in quietly with my new stand and break it in proper.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 AM

I used to own the Ol' Man grand Vision, the Ol' Man Terra II, and The original ol' Man. I still have the original, I hunt out of now. I think Ol' Man had the best stand in the industry. Safe , quiet, portable, and I loved the seat. I will be looking to add one or two more to my resources before next year.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where did you buy it from?

I'm looking to replace my summit with something that packs easier but won't take a loan to get. The ole man looks right.

BTW, Where was it made?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 AM

DaveC , take a look over in the bowhuntng section. I have posted some links there for another hunter concerning these stands. The thread is about good light weight climbers. Hope it helps you.