Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree-Lounge Tree Stand

Old 10-16-2006, 03:29 AM

Default Tree-Lounge Tree Stand

Has anyone actually ever tried one of these stands? Looks like it'd be a real PITA to carry in / out of the woods.

???
Old 10-16-2006, 06:00 AM

Default RE: Tree-Lounge Tree Stand

I have never tried one, but I have seen plenty for sale in the papers and classifieds. I have also heard that some people like them ( some but not a lot ), but I think you could do much better for the same or less money. I think they do wind up being a Real PITA. I would suggest you to keep shopping.

Good luck and God Bless

Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM

I own one and I know lots of owners of TL stands that won't ever hunt out of another type of stand. I also know lots of hunters that would buy one if they had the funds.

My take:
I've hunted out of all types of stands. The TL is the most solid stand one could be in. It grips the tree like glue, I feel very safe in mine. I've never felt unsafe and I'm scared of heights BTW. The stand is "heavy" to some I couldn't tell the difference in weight from a TL verses my summits. IMHO if your not in shape enough to carry 25 pounds on your back, you might ought to think about (a) not hunting anymore (b) hitting the gym (c) hunting off the ground. I LOVE the way it sets up around the tree. Sure I'm on the ground a bit longer than I'd like to be (5 mins verses 4 mins) but its worth the extra time. Very comfy. It took me years to break down and buy one, now that I have, I won't ever use another type. There is however, a SMALL amount of noise setting up BUT its not anymore noise than with my summit, which is "suppose" to be the quietest stand to set up. theres no difference.

My advice to you: try it out if you like, buy, if not keep looking.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing personal, but I wouldn't use one if they were giving them away. Too noisy, too heavy and they don't even resemble being portable. I'd like to see someone set one up in the dark!IMHO
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use to own 3 of them i did sell one though. they are great but a little on the heavy side. ive said this many times before. if your hunting all day it is the ultimate stand. if you mostly put in a couple hours in the morning and evening than any cheapo ladder stand will do. as far as many of them being for sale ive never seen that. in fact on ebay they usually go for a good price used. it is not for everyone and has a learning curve as with anything. i can put mine together in the dark . best of all if you get the optional wheel kit all you have to do is wheel in all your gear and strap your deer to it on the walk out. it is a great stand but not for everyone.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM

I'd like to see someone set one up in the dark!IMHO
I don't see the humor in this statement. I've set mine up in the dark everytime I've gone hunting in the morning. Even more, I'll take it down in the dark when I'm through for the day..........wtf

And btw, I don't think anyone should reply to this thread unless the person has actually owned/used a stand long enough to make constructive criticism on the stand itself. posters like the one above have obviously never used one and is just going by asumptions. Again, to the original poster, try one. If you don't like it, you can send it back within 30 days for a full refund. that was my thoughts but after using it a few times I've decided to keep mine.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

That info came from my best friend who does own one andhe told me not to waste my money on one!I've been with him when he's brought it into the woods and they are indeed noisy, very bulky and heavy.[:@]I think they suck, and that is MY OPINION!
I much prefer my Lone Wolf climber, light weight, VERY quiet, quite secure and real portable. NOT the most comfortable though. Once again, just MY OPINION!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:15 PM

It is a very secure and comfortable stand. You can sit all day in comfort and even take a nap if so desired. You don't have to be afraid of falling out. They are not much noisier than any other metal stand and if you are careful not to clank the metal together they can be set up quietly. Alan
Old 10-17-2006, 08:18 AM

Man O man, Now I am being told which posts I can have input on and which ones I should keep my big mouth shut about. LOL ...

I can say what I know to be true. I can say what I know because of what my friends tell me. I can say what I think, because of my personal inspections of the stand.

Just because I did not buy one, does not mean I have nothing to say or that my opinion is not valid. And I would appreciate it if some others would simply state what their opinions are, and stop worrying about what I have to say.

FAIR ENOUGH?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I love my Treelounger. Yes, its a little heavy, but I can still pack it together and carry it on my back with no problem. Setting them up in the dark is easy, after just a little practice. Only downside is that, because you're so reclined, its not as easy to stand up quickly and quietly like you can do in other stands where you sit more upright.

Quick Reply: Tree-Lounge Tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.