Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Code Blue vs. Tinks

Old 10-14-2006, 04:11 AM
Spike

Default RE: Code Blue vs. Tinks

here's my two cents. i used tinks last year and it worked for me, actually it worked on the buck. the way i used it was byfilling afilm canister with cotton balls. i soaked the cotton ball with tinks.

ihung the two cotton ballsabout five feet off the ground and twenty yards away from me.one on each side of me. i was also hunting on the ground. the buck came in with his nose in the air andon the ground trying to find a trail. the buck didnt look alarmed or nerves as he was following the scent. i was able to shoot the buck thanks to tinks.

i had alsoused tinks two years ago and it worked. i hung the cotton balls five to six feet off the ground and about twentyyards away fromme. i had a good mature buck come in running to the scent bombs. i could of shot him but a branch broke farther into thewoods and the buck took off towards the noise. iknow what he had in mindwhen he left.

tinks has worked for me and i'll be using it this year. both ofthe bucks were mature bucks and im very satisfied with tinks. why spend thirty plus dollars when tinks is working.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

I like Code Blue Standing Estrus. It costs about 20 bucks around here, but it worked like nothing else before.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JAY216

i used tinks last year and it worked for me, actually it worked on the buck. the way i used it was byfilling afilm canister with cotton balls. i soaked the cotton ball with tinks.
I did this exact same thing 3 years ago. Turns out it stopped one of my biggest bucks to date. He stuck his nose directly in the film canister. Did it attract him? I can't say that but it definetly stopped him for a good shot and I think thats all scents are really expected to do.

I have also had deer pay no attention to the Tink's. I tried Golden esterous last year on recommendation from other hunters who have had great success with it. Bottom line,scents won't work magic all the time. But it may give you the edge if the right buck comes along.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Never had luck with Tinks for several years. I'm trying something else this year.