HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Which climber for bow hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/157951-climber-bow-hunting.html)

BigRack23 09-26-2006 01:53 PM

Which climber for bow hunting?

Can anyone recommend a climber for bowhunting? The features I rate from most important to least are:

1. safety
2. quietness
3. cost
4. weight

Which brand and model and what features you like about them?

Thanks for the help!

cmscat50 09-26-2006 02:09 PM

RE: Which climber for bow hunting?

I havea Summit Broadhead backpacker. It's not super light and there is a bit of setup involved everytime you go out, but I'd still rather use it than any of my hang-ons. SUPER comfy, safe, quiet.

SmokinVFT 09-26-2006 02:21 PM

I really like my Summit Viper X5 ive used it for 2 seasons now and i absolutly love it. It's really quiet. I never feel unsafe in that treestand its really sturdy, it doesn't move at all when u get it up in the tree. Its also very comfortable also. It cost about 250 i think.

mobow 09-26-2006 08:11 PM

Summit Viper. Extrememly quiet, Oh My God comfortable and very easy to use. It's priced about average as far as climbers go, $250 One purchase you will most certainly never regret.

BigRack23 09-26-2006 08:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The Viper is the one I've been leaning towards although a buddy of mine has been trying to convince me to go with an Ol' Man. I wonder how they compare side by side?

frankiefire702 09-27-2006 06:29 AM

I also have a viper and I'm extremly happy with it. You won't regret it.

MichaelT. 09-27-2006 06:39 AM

I have had 2 ol'mans. I had one stolen, and currently hunt out of the other. I think they are greatstands. The mesh seat is comfortable, and They make some that are pretty light also. I have never felt " unsafe " in it, in fact I have dozed off a few times in it.I can't say it is better than the Summit, because I have never used a Summit, but I do know they are worth a look.

Good Hunting

God Bless

Campo 09-27-2006 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRack23

Can anyone recommend a climber for bowhunting? The features I rate from most important to least are:

1. safety
2. quietness
3. cost
4. weight

Which brand and model and what features you like about them?

Thanks for the help!
I think I can help you out.
1. A lock on
2. A lock on
3. A lock on
4. A lock on....
So yeah, stick with lock ons..;)

icedern 09-27-2006 01:09 PM

summit vipers are so comfy.

rookiebowhuntr_PA 09-27-2006 03:26 PM