Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sonic Broadheads

Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Sonic Broadheads

Saw some Sonic Broadheads,(by American Broadhead Co.)at an archery shop in KY, was wonder if they fly as advertised and if anyone had tried them
Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Sonic Broadheads

I hadn't shot a broadhead since last season and have made a few mods to arrow weight and poundage since then. I've shot Thunderhead 85's. With all the changes the Thunderheads were left 4" and low 2". I checked tiller and all that with only minimal success. Shot a Sonic100and I was 1" or less left. So instead of resighting for the Thunderheads, I bought a pack of Sonic's. Very Happy thus far with the performance.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:33 PM

thats good to hear. Im shooting mech. now but with all the hype im rethinking that and trying to find a good fixed blade. Have you shot anything with them yet? take care
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Go to www.americanbroadheadcompany.com and there is a free 100 grain broadhead give away so you can try them. Just enter your info and they will send you one. I just recieved mine but havn't shot it as yet.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I received a free Sonic to try. It does indeed shoot pefect with my field points OUT OF MY BOW. It's tuned to perfection and also groups Muzzy and RM Snypers together as well. It's not so much the broadhead, it's your bow/arrow tuning that is the issue.

The Sonic is a small head, perhaps too small when errant shots happen.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:29 PM

what do you have to click on to get your free broadhead?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

got mine shoots great to 20yds only shot it in my basement so i dont know after that but i wouldnt use it. i just dotn trust it on bone and i had to use a set of plier to tighten the back nut to stop the blades from rattling. just seems like on a real hard bone it might splitthe baldes apart but im keeping in the quiver incase i have to finish off a spine shot deer or a coyote comes by.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: abercrombie6704

what do you have to click on to get your free broadhead?
Sonic Is no longer sending free broadheads.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Great broadhead...they shoot just like field points...and i have seen someone shoot a buck that went 192 dressed with them....Knicked the shoulder on the way in.....went through both lungs and burind in a cherry treee....pulled the broadhead out....it was fine dull but not broken or bent...i was suprised..
Old 09-26-2006, 08:51 PM

I have shot two deer with the 85 gr head. Both deer were taken clean, and both fell insite of where I hit the deer. I understand there are hunters reluctent to tring new things but,[:-] guys/gals these heads are really good.
Fly the same out of my bow CSS Challenger 29 DL 73 DW @ 287 fps.
Koz

Quick Reply: Sonic Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.