Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 My Review - Shrewd Archery Customer Service >

My Review - Shrewd Archery Customer Service

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My Review - Shrewd Archery Customer Service

Old 09-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Review - Shrewd Archery Customer Service

Some of you may have seen in my journal or on a previous post that I setup a indoor/fita/field archery specific bow. I ended up with a bold liquid gold Apex 7 @ 57lbs and a new powder coated 30" cam to match my 70lb Apex that I shot 3D with this past summer.

Originally I had a Doinker Carbon Elite 31.5" stabilizer on the bow with a Cartel V-Bar and Cartel siderod set. After shooting the bow, because of the substantial weight in the riser of the A7 I determined there was waaaay too much mass weight as compared to the holding weight of the bow and that things needed to be balanced out. Because I can only shoot a 60lb bow in FITA and because this is already a 65% letoff setup, I determined that more holding weight at full draw was not the answer, and that I needed to find a way to reduce the mass weight of the bow.

The 31.5" carbon elite stabilizer I had on the bow was 13.6 ounces. This was the first place I wanted to start reducing weight. Shrewd has a great reputation so I went with their 26" 5.1 oz stabilizer to reduce weight. I have known MANY people that have had shrewd products and never had problems however when mine arrived on the second shot the rubber shock suppression system popped out of the end of the stabilizer............................[:@]. I decided instead of having down time, I would rather just try and super glue it back in. Well this worked for about 2 weeks, and then it popped out again. I tried again at this point and it worked again for about a week......then popped out again. I finally decided to email the fine folks at shrewd. They proceeded to send me their UPS account number and asked me to ship to them at their expense, and then less than a week later a new one showed up on my door step.

I have been recommending other brands for quite some time for both hunting and high end target stabilizers however I can say that these folks have a product at a great price, does the same job as the more expensive stuff, and their staff has left me with an impression of what is probably the best customer service incident I have experienced yet in this industry. I would recommend these folks and their fine products to anyone, and no I am not on their staff at this point and have no monetary gain from promoting them right now...........just like to see a company that has a awesome product and great service get recognition. They have everything from hunting stabilizers to target rigs like this one.

Here are pics of the setup I have.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Default RE: My Review - Shrewd Archery Customer Service

Wonderful review. These types of stories really make me appreciate good customer service. Good luck with the product.

I truly believe many [not all]of the companies in the sport of archery, whether it be hunting products or top of the line target products, focus on having a"no questions asked"customer service program.

Any company I have dealt with so far, which have luckily only been a few, have really gone the extra mile to satisfy their customers.

Granted, weconfide in and order archeryproductsbased ontheir reliability rather than their "return and or repair" policies. But in the end, it is definitely a peace of mind knowing a company will stand by their product, no matter what happens, and support their customer to the fullest extent.