Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Bow

Old 09-14-2006, 10:43 PM

Default New Bow

I've been thinking about getting a new bow and I'm willing to spend some money on it. I was thinking about the Browning Illusion. What do you all think?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:32 AM

Default RE: New Bow

There is only 2 kinds of bows, 1-BOWTECH or 2-all that other junk!!
Im just Kidding, But I highly recomend Bowtech/Diamond
Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 PM

I wouldn't trade my '06 Bowtech Allegiance for the world! You can't go wrong with Bowtech!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

I beleive in HOYT - I think they are the most reliable bows on the market!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shotgun, all you're realistically going to get in the way of answers with a question like that is everyone's favorite brand. Do you want me to tell you I think you should buy a BowTech? Well, sure I do...

Seriously, what are you looking for in a bow? What characteristics do you find appealing? What's your age, draw length, and preferred style of hunting? (e.g., stalking vs. treestand hunting. Western hunting vs. Eastern style?)

There's A LOT that should go into choosing a bow, and ultimately you need to shoot several different bows from several different manufacterers to see what fits YOU best.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Choose a few bows that are in your price range and that you think you may consider. Shoot all of them and then make a decision. Thats the only way to go. Greg is right all your gonna get on this post is the brand that each individual owns. thats not help you at all.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

Choose a few bows that are in your price range and that you think you may consider. Shoot all of them and then make a decision. Thats the only way to go. Greg is right all your gonna get on this post is the brand that each individual owns. thats not help you at all.
I'll second that. Any good archery shop will be able to help you in this pursuit. Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

A few weeks ago I searched the world for a new bow. I shot everyone I could get my grubby paws on. Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, Diamond, Browning, PSE. In the end I bought a Bowtech, I liked it's fit & feel best.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

i agree with greg. i could tell you mathews is the best out there, i enjoy shootong mathews and yes the do produce a sweet bow but there are also other reasons which lead me to make my purchse. i also thought about who would be working on it, there was no point me buying a different bow when i have a pro shop 5 mintues from me who specalise in Mathews
Old 09-25-2006, 07:36 AM

Find a Pro-Shop, and try several different bows. I would look at Mathews, Bowtech or even a Hoyt. Not sure about the Hoyt. Lets try HighCountry..