Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Packages

Old 09-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Packages

Anyone know of any good websites that have complete bow packages?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow Packages

Hunters Friend has some excellent bow packages, bows, arrows, misc equipment. A lot of people talk highly of them and had great sales/service by them.

http://www.huntersfriend.com

Old 09-11-2006, 02:18 PM

ADDICTEDTOARCHERY.COM

Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 PM

BowTech TomKat at your local proshop. If you buy your stuff on line, don't expect there to be a proshop in business near you when you need one.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ill spare the story...but goto http://www.huntersfriend.com/testimonial.htm and look at the 2nd one down...that my story...my bow...my target..my TWO arrows. im 10000% satisfied. and saved a good bit....

and STILL goto the proshop and spend more money to make sure they dont go outa business. everyone here says "oh if you buy from a proshop they will work on it free and blah blah" consider them guys lucky. the "pro"shops in my area arent GREAT...they arent state of the art loaded with all the greatest bows and gear etc...they can work on bows and have some in stock..along with some gear..but they CHARGE..its half price if you bought the bow from them..but still charge no matter what. sure they MAY cut you a break if you buy a bow and all the bells and whistles etc..but still getting charged..and when you go back they will still charge. so i figured id save now...then just pay a little more(which still isnt much) to have them fix it when in need.....worked out for me....if i had a GOOD proshop in the area i would been glad to go there. proshops are invaluble when something goes wrong..i already had to have mine retuned because i screwed it up beyond belief..but i paid 10$ instead of 5$..

they will REALLY die when i show up with a custom sting next summer to have them put it on! lol
Old 09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have a Bowtech dealer in my area, so huntersfriend.com was a real blessing for me. They are the ONLY Authorized internet dealer for Bowtech, but only if you qualify for the Bowtech in the Boonies program. They hooked me up big time. I bought the TomKat package, added another 1/2 doz arrows w/ all blazer vanes, upgraded the rest & release, added a speed module all for $704 shipped. They were out of easton lightspeed arrows, so they called me back and asked if it were ok to upgrade me to Carbon Express Maxima Hunters for free, that was a huge upgrade concidering the Lightspeeds were $88 per dz & the Maxima Hunters are $134. Extremely friendly people & excellent service. A++ all the way around.

My TomKat shoots like a wet deam too !!