Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Stealth Cam - and the saga continues >

Stealth Cam - and the saga continues

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stealth Cam - and the saga continues

Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cam - and the saga continues

Some of you probably recall some of my problems with my Stealth Cam digital camera (terrible battery life, wouldn't take pics - wen't thru 6 cams between me and my father). You also may recall that I had been having better luck with my current Stealth (getting lots of pics) however the waterproof (not waterproof - problem #1) 12 volt battery pack that was supposed to give months of battery life only lasted 1.5 weeks! (problem #2). I was making due because thecam was right behind my house. Then the clasps that hold the cam shut broke (but it still closed tight) (problem #3). Then the battery stopped taking a charge (problem #4). So I contacted Stealth and to make a long story short, they would not replace the cam with broken clasps (the break was from poor design, not abuse). They were nice enough to give me a number of a place that can fix it (maybe?).So I have to send the cam with a check for return shipping to this place and then they will tell mehow much it will cost me (not liking that idea much). My main issue is that even if fixed, the clasps will most likely break again. I was hoping to get a cam that had better "hinged" clasps, but no. So i decided to keep it until the clasps break completely to send it in. As far as the battery, that was under warranty and I should be receiving a new one soon.

anyone else have similar problems/issues?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Cam - and the saga continues

i have had the plastic clips break off my regular cheapo stealth cam. i called them up and they sent me just the rear door that has the clips. it is a bad design. if your digital stealth cam uses the same design they should make good. they didnt charge me for anything. i would call them again and kill them with kindness but be firm about getting a replacement door. sounds like the least they could do. i now am extra careful not to fiddle with the door clips and have added strips of camo duct tape to make sure they dont break off as easy.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM

I have a stealth digital and have had great luck with it. Fast trigger, great battery life (had it out for 2 months on reg. C batteries and its still ticking) and it takes pretty good pictures. So far I am very happy with it and would suggest anyone to buy a stealth cam but it sounds like you are having some major bad luck. Sorry to here about your misfortunes.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:16 PM

my 35mm stealth cam was great for a year, but now it doesnt show how many pics it takes or the settings on it....my best cam is my moultrie digital, good battery life and quick flash...theyre a great cam
Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM

I agree with my little hombre but I also like the wildlife eyes..easy to use not as many gadgets to mess with..very user friendly