Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pendulum Sights?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pendulum Sights?

I am in the market for a new sight. I have a buddy who shoots a savage pendulum sight and he swears by it. I currently shoot a tru glo three pin sight However, I am thinking about buying a pendulum. I am confused and need help making a decision. I don't have much time the first day of bow season in central Illinois is Oct. 1. Any info and opinions on a good pendulum sight would be appriciated. However I would also like any negative feedback as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-30-2006, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Pendulum Sights?

Hey Chris. I used a pendulum for 5 years and loved it. I'm just now going to a 3 pin slider by HHA Sports.The only draw back to a pendulum is the lack of range, 25- 30 yd max! My son and I shot a lot of deer in our time useing them.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the savage and also like it. Alot quieter than the Keller which is why I switched but it takes time to calibrate your bows speed. Acess to a 40 -60 yard range is a plus in it's setup but not absolutely necessary.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Awi

Well Ive got some good and bad news about a pendelum.Ive shot one before,Loved it,until I had an uphill shot one day.I aimed low and really concentrated.But I still shot over his back.On flat ground and your high in a tree.Id say its the best. But If you hunt in hilly country Id steer away.10 4 buddy come on back horse trailer on a caddilac.