Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cmere deer

Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 AM

Default RE: cmere deer

i will continue to stick to the basics, but i like everybody to always hear both sides. www.GON.com. it is for outdoorsmen and womenin the state of Georgia. i did notice yesterday that ALL threads related to cmere deer on gon.com were removed. i thought that was interesting, so i just drop the discussion on that forum.

i am going out today to do more scouting in the rain.i think that will help keep my sent out of the area.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:07 PM

My brother and I both use it, and have had terrific results. I have pictures of buck, doe, bear, and racoon. I scout for 1-5 hours (depending on work schedule) every chance I get.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had an established salt hole...a good 2 feet deep with cocaine. I dumped the Cmer deer out next to it and they never touched...even when I didn't resalt my hole. Some guys like it though
Old 09-02-2006, 08:22 PM

Georgia Outdoor News...
Old 09-09-2008, 05:26 PM

I used the liquid "go'way deer" on a trail where I had been getting pictures of deer every day for weeks,but after applying the hank parker deer repellent on an old rotten stump,nothing used that trail or surrounding area for several days.but every dark cloud has a silver lining! annoyed at being duped,I set about out-hanking hank!! I'll share my recipe with all my fellow hunters.in a CLEAN gallon jug,mix 1/2 gallon of prune juice,1 quart of molasses,two small fozen apple juice concentrate,1/2 cup of brown sugar,two tablespoons of cinnamon,1 tablespoon of nutmeg. mix thoroughly,let sit in the fridge for a day or two to let the flavors blend.i've had very good results with this recipe,and at about ten or twelve bucks a gallon,there's more money for arrows! pour this "trophy juice" on a stump or log and hang a game camera! don't forget to share the pictures with the rest of us!!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Allow me to share my experience with the stuff. I bought 2 pints of it in 2005. I then bought a new sprayer (didn't want to take the chance of contamination) and drove to my lease. On the way, I took a gallon milk jug and got water from a creek to mix with. I mixed it according to directions (by the way, the mixing ratio has changed since then) and sprayed all types of vegetation in the area of my stand. This consisted of things that deer eat as well as some that I wasn't sure they ate. I also put a pile of corn in front of a camera and another just past it. I sprayed the closest pile and left the other untreated to use as a control element. Well, the deer ate the untreated pile in 2 nights and the coons ate the treated about 2 weeks later. I never had a picture of a deer eating the treated pile. Oh yeah, the vegetation that I sprayed? You could not have killed it any better with roundup. I called the company to see what I may have done wrong. They said I did everything right. I tried repeatedly to get the owner to meet me at my lease (the company is nearer to my lease than it is to my house, about 65 miles to 55) but they claimed he was too busy. I offered to buy some directly from them , in case what i had was contaminated and let them use their equipment, but they would not assist in any way. They quit returning my calls after that. And no, I did not verbally abuse anyone. They just know they are selling junk and as long as the public doesn't figure it out, they will make a killing.