Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute? >

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Old 08-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Shoot them both.. they are both great bows. I personally prefer the XT. It fits me better and is more comfortable for me to shoot. Very quiet and forgiving... and is by no means slow! I shoot 70# at 29" and get 30 yards w/ very little drop w/ one pin.
Shoot them both and one should feel better and more like you. Both are awesome.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

plus the XT grip feels much better in my hands.
Now THAT'S a first... [8D]

I had both bows hanging in my archery room most of this summer, as the XT was the last bow I was shooting before I signed with BowTech... Honest to God, my Tribute was quieter than the XT by a good bit. I would have people come over to the house, listen to me shoot, and make the same comment...

But... the XT is a great bow, and you' could certainly do worse out there when choosing a bow. Good luck with it if you decide to go that route.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Host of Hosts

After 2.5 hours of testing and shooting I have come to the conclusion...I like the mathews switchback XT. I feel it is a little smoother, quieter and feels better. I also did a speed test with both bows and the arrows I will use hunting (total weight 398 grams). The XT at 60 lbs shot 258 fps. The Tribute at 65 lbs shot at 264 fbs. I'm sure with the XT at 65 lbs it will close the gap and I would rather have the smoother and quieter bow, plus the XT grip feels much better in my hands. Thanks for all your input everyone!!

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but did you really do a side by side test? I find it hard to beleive that you achieved those results. Unless the Tribute you shot had smooth mods installed and not the speed mods. And you are one of the first people I've seen that said Mathews grips felt good in their hands. I'd shoot my Tribute next to any Mathews and I'll bet you won't hear a difference in quietness. Mathews will draw a bit smoother, but thats it. They are very nice bows however. The best grips come on Hoyt's
Old 09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a new Tribute after test shooting both bows, and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong,both bows are awesome bows, but I didn't find that the XT was quiet enoughto make up for the lesser speed. I also did not like the fat grip on the XT.
Something else you might keep in mind is that Bowtech's lifetime warranty is exactly that. If you should happen to have a problem, Bowtech will fix it or replace it at no cost to you.
Just shoot the bows and decide which one fits your needs best.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:12 PM

IMO, buy a BowTech but you should probably shoot the heck out of both of them at a shop then decide.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:14 PM

I'M with Terry on the Equalizer. I have one at a 26" draw and get about 297fps.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have read all of your comments and I find it very interesting. I have been considering a new bow, but had never given much thought to the Tribute. I used to have an Extreme VFT and liked it very much. I think all this discussion has been awesome! I will definately have to shoot this bow! Thanks.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too find it very hard to believe that an XT shot almost as fast as a Tribute with the Tribute having a 5#heavier draw weight. There was a guy at the local Pro Shop here the other day. He was shooting his XT through the chrono at 272fps. Out of curiosity I shot mine through and was at 303fps. I'm not sure of his draw length, but he was every bit as big a fella as I am.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

If i didn't have a mathews, it would be a bowtech. and as wolfkiller said pro shop, i have one 2 miles form me and thats what he deals in
Old 09-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

go with the bowtech equalizer i have one and love it absolute best bow i have ever shot mine is at 26" and 60lb with a 380gr arrow was shooting 272fps its super quiet by just adding string silencers just inside of the factory silencers but yes it will go to 27" and all they need for it now are 70# limbs

Quick Reply: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.