Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 wasp jack hammer broadheads >

wasp jack hammer broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

wasp jack hammer broadheads

Old 08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default wasp jack hammer broadheads

Was wondering if any of you guys have use or have used the Wasp jackhammer broad heads, and what your results and thoughts on them were? I have heard all good things so far and I'm really thinking about trying them this year. Also I see you can get them in 100 grains that have a 1 1/4 and 1 3/4 in cutting diameter, was wondering which cutting diameter u guys have used?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wasp jack hammer broadheads

I've shot several deer with the 1 3/4"ones.........all I can say is they make aHUGE hole andHUGE blood trail. The biggest buck I shot with it was a 236 lb. (dressed ) 12 pointer. The deer went 40 yards and had a 6 inch wide blood trail from both sides of the deer. I started using them because a real hardcore bowhunter freind had shot roughly 15 deer with them. He said theblood trails were huge and most deer he shot went 30 to 60 yards.

One note.......I think they are a pretty good head, but I wouldn't shoot the 1 3/4" head unless you know you have a good/high KE. I would try to make sure its 63-65 or higher.

Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

By buddy Ben swears by them.
He won't even consider anything else.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I think mine are great. I've never had blood trails like the ones I get with the jack hammers.
Brian
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Ive used them before. I had a bad experience with penetration. My buddie was using them at the same time and had a penetration problem as well. I find that these heads that have to flip all the way back to their cutting cupacity are not so good. You loose alot of enery on angles and if you hit a shoulder (which you shouldn't) but if you do, your screwed. Just my opinion, I use stingers, fly like field tips and are the sharpest head out there.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

AWESOME HEADS! Check out my journal entries for blood trails and vital's damage (Todd Pringnitz - New Year's Doe & Big Doe Down...)

I've killed about a dozen or so deer with these heads now and never had one make it 90 yards yet. Last half-dozen have died within about 60 yards.

I was out practicing last night. Shooting field tips and a jackhammer out to 45 yards with zero difference in arrow flight.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM

I used them when I first started bow hunting and had great success with them. I don't really know why I ever quit using them.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use them for turkey hunting, and they do make a big hole and do kill turkeys quick. I used fixed on larger game!!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will say tschammel has a point, when talking about odd angles shots and penetration directly thru bone. Thats why in my post I said you want to make sure your rig has a high KE ratio and you still want to only take good broadside double lung shots. If you do that, they won't go antwhere.

Good LUck!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed several deer with them and noticed two things.First,on a brodside shot through the ribs,penetration was never and issue and most deer died within sight.On the other hand,their blades retention system is terrible.Several times,I made good hits and blades sheared comletely off,resulting in a longer than average tracking job.i never lost a deer with them but in the ned I just didn't have any confidence in their structural integrity.In my experience,they would either work awesome or poorly,depending on the situation.

I started using slick tricks about four years ago and never looked back.I never damaged one of these heads and almost every deer has died within sight.The two that did make it out of sight died within earshot.It doesn't get any better than that.

Quick Reply: wasp jack hammer broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.